Rebel meets Sadie

Song: The One by Kodaline

Scarlett POV:

When we are finished I go take Rebel out for a run. We end up at the park. I am leaning against a tree and he has his head in my lap.

Rebel starts growling and I know someone must be standing too close to me. I open up my eyes and look around and this silhouette of a body is looking down at me. I blink a few times and ask, "Can I help you?"

All I see is a dark body because the sun is directly behind him.

He starts to squat down and Rebel is barking angrily now and I have to pull on his leash so that he won't attack whoever it is. The guy squats all the way down looking into my eyes and I notice those freaking eyes and start to smile.

"Hey my little stalker?"

"I'm not stalking you; I was here walking Sadie."

He is pulling on a leash and attached is a beautiful Alaskan Husky.

"She's beautiful."

"Thanks. Can I sit down beside you or is he going to attack me."

I giggle and pull on Rebels leash closer to me. "This is Rebel; Rebel sit down it's alright." He sits when I tell him to and then I hand him a treat.

"Wow does he always do what you tell him to do?"

"Of course, I had him since he was a pup and we trained him to protect me and follow my orders. Is Sadie trained?"

"Yes sometimes she does what I want her to."

I change the subject. "So what are you really doing out here I've never seen you here before?"

"I wanted to see you." He winks at me.

"So you are stalking me."

"Maybe," he is laughing while looking back down at Sadie. She is now on his lap facing Rebel.

I notice the look in both of their eyes. "Awe, I think they like each other."

"Well that's a good thing don't you think?"

"I guess so." I shrug.

"So my family is having a get together later this evening and I want you to come with me."

"You want me to meet your family?" You hardly even know me."

"Say that you will come; I really don't want to go alone."

"You mean to tell me all those other girls that lust over you; you couldn't find one that would go with you."

"I don't just have girlfriends lined up, besides I want you to go with me."

I roll my eyes at him, seriously dude why me. "So what kind of party is it, I don't want to be overdressed or anything?"

He has the biggest smile ever, guess I made his day. "So that's a yes, you will come. You can wear whatever your heart desires."

"Ok then I will wear my PJ's." I laugh out loud.

"If that's what you want."

"Really I wouldn't dare let you see my PJ's. So is it a party or just a family get together."

"Actually it's my little sisters' seventeenth birthday party. So you could wear jeans or a simple dress, whatever really surprise me."

"Ok then text me the address and what time I should be there."

He picks up his phone and text right then. My phone is dinging of incoming messages.

Mekhi: 5:00

Mekhi: 1756 Edgemont Drive

I text back.

Scarlett: See ya at 5

Mekhi: Thanks for saying yes

We both stand up about the same time and Rebel is trying to jump all over Sadie. Sadie is nuzzling up on him as if they have known each other forever and a day. I have to pull on Rebel to leave her alone.

"Rebel tell her goodbye we got to go." And he licks the side of her face. I think he found himself a new girl.