Watching her fall

Song: Every time the rain comes down, by Anna Blue

Atticus POV:

"Yes sir; I'm on it."

Scar is like my full time job if it wasn't for her I may just have a little bit of a personal life. Damn that girl. I get in the car and drive down to the lake. They are sitting on the pier. I watch her as she stands up and takes off her clothes. She is standing there with a thong on and her bra. Her hair covers her back. She is contemplating on whether to jump or not. She knows that I am here because she turns to look back at me. Then she turns back around and jumps. It is several feet down. Dammit that girl is asking for trouble.

I run over and look down into the lake and she is swimming out into the distance. I sit down next to Rebel. Rebel is looking at her and then back at me as I pet his head. I wait for her to come back. A little while later she does and looks at me confused and upset.

"What do you want?"

"Zane wanted me to come get you."

"I'm a big girl, I don't need a babysitter." She spats back at me.

"I know, he just thought you might need a ride home, that's all."

I watch as she puts her sweat pants back on and then her t-shirt. She is still dripping wet. I see her back and anger rises in my blood.

"What did he do to you?"

She looks away from me, avoiding eye contact.

"Scarlett, what happened?"

"I'm fine really." She reaches down to grab the leash.

"The fuck you are, he did this?"

She smirks, "It's my punishment for talking back and he was pissed that I got in the situation in the alley, don't worry about it I'm good."

"No you're not, that's why you're out here."

"I just need time away, I need to think, I need to get away."

"I know, but you need to come back with me. I don't want him hurting you again."

"I'm not going with you, I got here I know how to get myself back home."

"Scar why you making it harder for yourself?"

She pushes me hard. "I need to be alone; you need to let me go."

"Scar just get in the damn car." I snap and reach out for her arm but she backs away.

"Just let me be." She yells, this time tears in her eyes. She shoves me hard again and takes off running. I get in the car but I follow her all the way back to the house. She goes to the back yard and lets Rebel go and then dashes in the house before I even get out of the car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys this chapter is a little short. I think Atticus actually really cares for Scarlett.

The Cleaner's DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara