She keeps disobeying me

Zane POV:

She is starting to defy me even more here lately, why can't she just follow orders. It irritates the shit out of me when people just don't do what I want.

When Atticus called to tell me he has the guy from the other night, I didn't expect him to say that they were together in a fucking alley alone with each other, what the hell. I know she can take care of herself but why in the hell would she be with a strange guy in a back alley.

When the car pulls up to the house, I go out to open the door. I'm already pissed off at her so tell her in a firm voice, "Get out, go on up to your room."

"No!"

This is so not the time to be pushing me. "Don't make me ask you again."

Instead she stares me down. "What are you going to do with him?"

When I don't reply back, it pisses her off apparently because now she raises her voice at me and this time more determined says, "I said what are you going to do with him?"

I really don't have time for this shit. She wants to know what I will do to him fine she can do it. It's about time she learns a few things. I reach over and grab her arm forcing her into the car. "You know what get in the fucking car you're going with us."

When she asks why, it aggravates me even more. Dammit I will have to deal with her later at the moment we need to dispose of this asshole.

We get to the abandon building and I make her finish the asshole off. I watch her and she has no reaction to any of it like she could care less about the guy and the fact that she is killing him doesn't even faze her. I tell her what I want and she does it, no questions asked.

When we get back home I dismiss Atticus and tell her to meet me in the workout room. While I head up to my room to grab my whip, I also pour myself a drink and gulp it with one sip before going into the room with her.

"That should never have happened."

"I know, I'm sorry," she whispers.

I'm so sick of her saying sorry, like that is going to make a difference. "Sorry for what?"

"Everything."

She has no idea who that guy was and what he could have done to her. "He drugged your drink last week. I was already out looking for him. Why were you in the back alley with him?"

"I didn't realize it until it was too late."

Dammit, I trained her better than that, I expect more from her. When she continues to tell me that they were just kissing, the anger builds inside my veins, you got to be fucking kidding me. We have a few more words, but I'm not really listening all I can think about is punishing her.

"Take off your top and stand over there against that board."

She does as I tell her; I walk up to her grabbing one hand and fastening above her head, then I grab the other hand and do the same. Once she is all the way up, I go to unfasten her bra so now her back is bare. I hate punishing her but it's the only way I know how to make her behave.

"I'm going to give you ten lick if you scream out I will go harder do you understand?"

She only shakes her head.

"Scar, say it!" I demand.

When she tells me she understands, I step back and rear my hand back with the whip and it snaps against her flesh. She jumps put doesn't make a sound. The first few licks were because she talked back to me, disobeying me but the more I gave her I thought about that asshole kissing her and having his hands on her body. By the tenth lick she was crying silently. Damn I hate hurting her. Why can't she just obey my orders? I walk up behind her to undo her arms and she falls to the floor.

"Don't ever disobey me; if I fucking tell you to do something just do it."

She manages to hold back the sobs long enough to say "yes sir".

I leave her there on the floor and go pour myself another drink.

The next morning, she comes into the kitchen quietly. She sits at the bar and doesn't even look my way. I know she is pissed at me but I really don't care. She drinks her morning smoothie and doesn't touch a bite of food. I watch as she leaves the room. I know where she is headed, so I don't say anything.

About thirty minutes later I finish up eating and head down to the workout room. She and Marcus are going at it on the mat. She has no emotions, it's like she is just there and I'm not the only one who notices it.

"You sure everything is alright Scar?" Marcus asks her.

"I'm fine," she replies.

He looks my way and I just nod for him to go on with the workout.

When they are done she runs out the door taking Rebel's leash. She stays gone longer than usual. I can track her by Rebel's collar. When I pull it up on my phone she is three miles out and by the lake. By the times she runs back another three miles that will be every bit of six miles what the hell is she thinking. But I can see that she is just there at the lake, Rebel must be resting because he isn't moving. I call up Atticus and tell him to drive there to pick her up.