1. Friggin' Angels

Of course it was raining on your walk home from work. You had forgotten your umbrella and now it was raining. It fit the theme of the day, really. You pushed your chin down closer to your chest and slumped your shoulders even further. Your eventful shift had been as messy as the bits of garbage collecting on the grates at the side of the road. Two full plates of fresh, hot food had been knocked from your hands and into the unsuspecting laps of the customers that had ordered them. After that you had been flustered enough to spill two people's drinks and mess up someone's side of French fries. You were still unsure how that had happened. How does someone mess up French fries!? Needless to say, you were aggravated with yourself and tired.

You had escaped to Canada to figure out your life. The only thing you had figured out, however, was that you were a terrible waitress. Sure, you were generally okay with the fundamentals, but some of the servers you worked with could brighten anyone's day. You sometimes found it hard to brighten your own day. Now, this wasn't your dream job, but you had been living in Canada without any proper identification for the past couple of months and your boss didn't care that he had to pay you under the table. You had only planned on being in Canada long enough to clear your mind so that you could move forward. You thought of it as a forced fresh start to kick start the real thing. I have a major in archeology with minors in linguistics and history. I don't want to wait tables forever.

You let out a hefty sigh. Days like this you always doubted your plan to leave home.

"Okay, okay, okay!" you heard a panicked man's voice coming from ahead. "Easy!" he whimpered.

You stopped your movement forward and listened carefully. You hadn't seen any kind of street violence since you began your stay in Canada. Your apartment was considered to be on the bad side of town according to your coworker, but you hadn't encountered any trouble until now.

You heard another man talking while the first continued to whimper. This second voice was deeper than the first, and you weren't sure exactly what it was saying, but it sounded similar enough to a villain monologue to you. You pinpointed its location as the alley ahead of you.

Your thoughts were mostly curses directed at yourself. Why did I have to go into Canada as an incognito American? If I had done things the right way I wouldn't have needed to stay in that rundown apartment building. The old man owning it didn't care who you were as long as you paid him and didn't burn anything down. I could be living somewhere with a friendly landlord that had AC and heating systems that didn't constantly make odd clunking noises.

Instead, here you were, about to go figure out what was going on in that dark alley. Your feet moved slowly toward the space between the brick buildings until you could lean out and peek around the corner.

"There's no magic in the universe." You could make out the deeper voice's words now.

When you looked into the alley you saw a businessman, all in black with dark hair and probably on the taller side, holding another man pinned against the far brick wall. The pinned man was pleading, trying to pull the other man's hands away where they had gathered his bright blue cardigan in order to restrain him. He was shorter than his attacker, with dark hair that was a wet mess and his face-

"I'm sorry!" he cried, "Please!"

Your eyes shot open wide as you recognized his face. That was Cas! ...from your favorite TV show, Supernatural. Misha Collins was standing in front of you, pinned to the wall by an attacker that was now wielding a knife.

"You should thank me for what I'm about to do," the man in black told him.

"Why?" you were sure Misha was crying now. "What are you about to do?"

Supernatural [Reader Insert]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें