16. March 10th, 1937

It was late when everyone got back to Bobby's. Bobby immediately grabbed a handful of papers from his desk and started to hand them out. On each was a symbol- you thought they might be Enochian.

"One of these on every window," he ordered. "In lamb's blood. Should keep any angels out."

He had two big glass jars of lamb's blood. Apparently Bobby had been stocking up on kryptonite. You took the back of the house, Bobby and Dean took the front, and Sam went upstairs. Your hands were covered in lamb's blood for almost an hour before everyone was done and you could wash up. You went to bed after that, exhausted and still feeling the bruises from earlier.

----------

You woke up the next morning and almost all of your bruises had disappeared. Looking in the mirror, you saw the tail end of a black eye. When you walked out to join everyone Dean smirked and said, "Look who's got a shiner."

"I told you I didn't come away clean. Demons hit hard."

The brothers nodded in agreement.

You sat on the couch and looked over the books and journals spread across the coffee table. "Already researching? At least make some coffee first," you told them.

Bobby walked into the room with 3 steaming mugs in his hands. "Just call me Jeannie." He handed two to the brothers and the third to you.

"Thanks, Bobby," you said as you took it from him. You sipped it, but wrinkled your nose. "Do all of you drink it black?"

Bobby grunted a small laugh.

"There's creamer in the fridge," Sam told you, smiling at Bobby's response.

Feeling lazy, you said, "Hey, remember that time Dean brought me pie and a beer...?"

Dean grunted. "Go get it yourself."

"Worth a try," you mumbled as you got up.

You passed Bobby, who had just poured himself a fourth mug. You found the creamer in the fridge and put as much in as would fit. French Vanilla. Then you went back and sat down with a smile. "I love the smell of coffee and old books in the morning."

Dean eyed you curiously. "Weird," he mumbled.

Sam slammed a book shut with a sigh and tossed it back onto Bobby's desk. You jumped and he looked over at you apologetically. "Sorry, [Name]... Ya know, I can't believe him. Cas is being such a..."

"Assbutt?" you offered.

"Sure," Sam grinned.

"Guess who paid a visit last night," Dean said.

"We angel-proofed," Bobby said incredulously.

"Apparently you got something wrong," Dean told him. "He still wouldn't listen. I practically begged the guy, but he wouldn't move an inch."

"Well, ya know what?" Sam threw his hands in the air. "At least you tried."

"Yeah, a fat lot of good it did." Dean stared into the empty space in front of Bobby's desk. After a moment of thought he looked back up at Sam and shook his head. "Why did he even come, right?"

Sam sighed.

"Samuel's journals are pointless," Dean said as he closed what he had been reading and stood up. "I mean, I'm sorry, but Jebediah Campbell has squat to tell me about how to stop Cas from cracking purgatory."

Bobby had wandered upstairs and he came back down with a folder in his hand. "Actually, it's not about the journals we have. It's about the one we don't."