8

Harry's POV

August 15, 2016 (Jamaica)

One week. It has been one week and she has ignored every phone call, every voicemail, every text, and every DM on whatever social media platform I could think of. Why did she drop off the face of the earth? At first I thought something terrible happened to the plane she was on, but I found out that it never left Los Angeles. I called James and he seemed sympathetic towards me.

"I think Adele got into her head. She's protective like a lioness, that one. Nikki was set on going. She told me she was excited to see you." He sounded as depressed as I felt.

"Do you know where she is now?" I didn't care that I was pathetically crying.

"No. When she left with her bags I thought she was going to Jamaica." He paused. "Call Grimshaw. He tracks her phone."

I nodded to myself, remembering when Grimmy showed me the app he had on his phone.

"He's mad at me, isn't he?" I groan.

"Oh, yeah. Good luck, Harry."

That conversation happened almost a week ago. Grimmy isn't answering my calls either, which kind of makes me think he might be with her. As a last resort I called Taylor a few days ago who surprisingly took my call.

"What did you do to prove that things would be better this time around...you know, besides making her drop everything for you even though you fucked up and go to Jamaica?" Taylor popped her gum.

I sighed into the phone. This was a selfish move? She didn't seem bothered by the idea and I wasn't making her come here. She agreed to it and was happy when I brought it up. I could've come up with something else, but now here I am on a fucking island with nothing but my feelings and half assed written lyrics.

My breathing began feeling labored as I felt my panic attack taking over.

"Harry? Hello? Are you ok?"

"F-f-fine." I slowly inhaled through my nose and exhaled through my mouth several times.

"You still have panic attacks?" Taylor asked with concern in her voice.

"Y-yeah." I waited a few moments for myself to calm down and drank some water before continuing. "They're worse than ever. Anyway, you're right. It was selfish of me to ask Nikki to come out here. I thought maybe it would be nice to be away from everything and everyone. I wanted us to get that proper beginning we never really got the chance to have."

"I'll talk to her. I can't promise anything, but I know she wants to be in Jamaica with you. Nikki is an overthinker. Ha, that's the difference between you two. She overthinks and you don't think at all." She muses.

"Well, trust me. I've done a lot of thinking for the past six months." I fiddled with the ring on my left ring finger. I almost never take it off. I hid it in my secret vest pocket during filming.

Today, I felt simply miserable. I was slouched on the sofa in the studio, meddling with the lyrics for a song I had in mind ever since New York.

"Ooh, tell me something I don't already know..." I quietly sang to myself while staring into space.

+
+

Mitch's POV

You ever just wake up and feel like you're destined to do something important?

Yeah me neither, but after I smoked my morning pipe I felt a tingle in my toes that I couldn't ignore, man. And it wasn't because Sarah gave me a blowie. Get your mind out of the gutter, kids.