20

Author's Note: Sorry about the typos ahead of time. 😬

"Angel By the Wings" - Sia

Harry's POV

"I'm not used to waking up to silence. Usually your snores wake me up." Nikki cracks from behind me, startling me from my thoughts.

I'm not sure how long I've been sitting at the piano, but a nightmare woke me up and my wired mind decided to go to the studio. I look towards the window and see it's still dark out. Nikki's hands rub up my back then give my shoulders a massage. Her hands are bloody magical.

"It's 3AM, which is normally 'Styles Dead to the World Hour,' but here you are. You're so tense..." She continues to rub my shoulders. Her kisses on the back of my neck send tingles down my spine.

"You really are an angel." I moan. "I had a bad dream and I couldn't go back to sleep. I started writing something, but..." I trailed off, embarrassed. It wasn't something I'd be embarrassed to tell my girlfriend, but then I suddenly remember who my girlfriend is.

"But what?" Her hands moves up to gently massage my neck. Dear God, I should've woken her up earlier. I'm turning into jello.

Ooh, like the jello cups with the mixed fruit in them. I quite like those. They were one of my snacks I kept in the fridge on the tour bus. Unfortunately, Niall always found them.

"Well, I wanted to write a song on the piano, but I'm kind of shit at playing it..." My face warmed at my confession. I know I can't be the greatest everything, so sue me if I wanted to impress my lady instead of admitting I'm not good at something. Nicole Samson can honestly one up me on almost everything.

Don't tell her I said that.

"Well, you don't necessarily need to be an advanced player to write a song on the piano. All you need are chords to start off with." She kisses the back of neck again and sits down next to me. I glance at her and an involuntary smile appears on my face. Nikki is wearing a One Direction T-shirt that Niall got her for her birthday last year and a pair of my boxer briefs. Funnily enough, I'm wearing a Hanson T-shirt (Nikki squealed in happiness when she saw this shirt for the first time. She couldn't stop singing Mmmbop during sex that night.) and boxer briefs.

I guess we're that couple now.

And I couldn't be happier.

"Why are you staring at me?" She blushes. I used to make her blush like this all the time when we would see each other at different events and award shows. We still had our secret silent friendship and I would just stare at her until her eyes would meet mine. She would blush and smile my smile. Within minutes I always had her laughing with my obscene gestures, ruining the sweet moments but never forgetting them.

"I always stare at you. Have you seen you? You're breathtaking." I smile charmingly. She gives me her classic eye roll, but I know she thinks I'm adorable.

"Give me your hand." She softly demands.

I place my large hand in her smaller one. For a moment I admire how dainty she is in comparison, but I know the power behind her. She might be small, but she's fierce. I have a handprint on my ass from the other night to prove it.

"If you know the 1st, 4th, and 5th chord of any major scale, they're typically used in the harmony of almost every song you hear. I have written loads of songs using only these chords. Quite often it's all there is to a song before a producer or maybe even other writers get involved." Nikki explains before placing my hand over the keys, guiding me along.