32

"Mmmbop" - Hanson

Harry's POV

Going through an entire box of condoms because your girlfriend is stressed out?

Best. Thing. Ever.

Well, almost. I'd prefer to go bare, but I know this is how it'll be for awhile. Truth be told, Nikki is the only one I haven't used a condom with. Besides our first time, we have rarely used one. If our love makes a baby then I'll be fucking thrilled, but seeing Nikki go through a miscarriage shattered me.

Being intimate again without her pulling away was such a relief. Our bodies rocked together in an unhurried fashion. We desperately needed the closeness and very few words were shared. I held back tears as I kissed down her body. My angel doesn't deserve to feel all of this unnecessary guilt. If only I could kiss away the pain—hell, I'll try anyway.

I usually tell her my feelings. She's  the only one I can truly open up to. Reason number 243 of why she's the one for me. And when I can't open up, she knows exactly what I'm feeling. I haven't told her how I also feel guilty and how I've barely been able to eat. She'd ask me if I'm hungry and I'd pretend I've eaten already.

Ironically, this time last year I was forcing her to eat. She caught on with my act pretty quickly making sure to wake up before me and preparing me something to eat even if it was simple. Cooking is not her forté.

This past week we've spent apart with her working in LA and me wrapping up my album in London. I know she tipped off to my manager about how I wasn't eating when he would randomly show up with food. It was easy to know it was her because it was always one of my favorites ordered exactly how I would order them. My new manager and I were not that close yet.

I'd send her selfies of me eating. Her response always being an angel emoji and a simple 'Love you. x'

I glance at the time on the nightstand, my lips and tongue lingering on her shoulder. I smile and kiss my way back to her mouth.

"Happy birthday, my love." I whisper between kisses. She makes a sound somewhere between a hum and a laugh.

"I'm getting old." She adorably scrunches up her nose. Her face is flushed from the hours we've spent lost in each other. I sweep away the strands of hair stuck to her damp forehead.

"29 is hardly old. Now, onto more important matters. Would you like sensual sex in the bathtub or animal sex in our huge shower?" Nikki smacks my shoulder, laughing at my straight face.

"I'm tired. You've exhausted me. It's too much for this old lady to take." She pretends to pass out.

"Reckon I made you cum 29 times?" I smile smugly.

"Your asthmatic ass wishes!" She almost falls off the bed from laughing so hard.

Ouch. My ego.

Where's my inhaler anyway?

"You wound me. 29 has made you meaner. Treat people with kindness, yeah?" I fake pout and walk out of the room.

I laugh at her feeble attempts to get me to come back. I was only joking and grabbing us bottles of water and her favorite cheesecake that I had James secretly stick in our fridge when we weren't home.

"Babyyyy! Bring your cute, naked ass back here!"

"I think we're halfway to 29! We can count that last one as 4.5!"

"I'm sorryyyyyyy!"

"OH!" She sits up when I appear in the doorway with two bottles of water and a cake with a 2 and a 9 candle lit up, but I purposely made it a 92 since she's a mean, old woman now.