21

Author's Note: The process for "Sign of the Times" will be in the next chapter. This chapter was needed first. 😊 It's also shorter because my chapters have been quite lengthy lately. I'm not sure if the length bothers you or not. Let me know!

"She Wolf" Covered by Madilyn Bailey

Nikki's POV

I was on my third cup of coffee by 3PM. James and Adele got here around 1PM. I've basically been crying on and off since they got here. The stress of everything on top of sleep deprivation and the fact that I simply missed them like crazy have my emotions all over the place.

The guys were hanging out at the house with the kids—Adele brought her son and my aunt Julia had brought my cousins, plus Adam's kids. The ladies had decided to spend the afternoon in town. I hope I didn't look too bored. I was just exhausted. My resting bitch face is no joke.

 My resting bitch face is no joke

Never mind. I'm rolling my eyes with annoyance. I'm not great with small talk and there's way too many women around. We took over this quaint restaurant in Port Antonio. The owners recognized Adele instantly and have been besides themselves in shock that she's here eating at their restaurant. There are 7 of us including myself. The owners insisted on cooking up the entire menu for us.

"Well, damn! They're quite friendly in Jamaica, mon!" Adele snorted. "Heeey, is there such thing as Jamaican wine?" She asks the server.

"For you, we get you the best wine!" The server scurries to the back.

"I mean, I'll take any alcohol, really." Adele shrugs.

"I hear ya. I might need a drink to get through this." I blow bubbles into my water with my straw and slowly look up to find everyone looking at me in concern. "Relax. It was a joke!"

Awkward laughs pass around the table. Lovely Anne smiles apologetically at my discomfort much like Harry would if he were here. My supportive best friend lifts her glass of water.

"She's 9 months sober today, bitches! Woo!" She knocks back the water, most of it hitting her face. I laugh at her in spite of me discreetly pinching my thighs under the table in embarrassment and self hatred. I've been doing so well, but I've been on edge ever since my mum attempted to kill herself.

Guilt consumes me because that's how I'm wired. I'm trying to find ways to delay my album release and tour. The timing of everything is shit.

"Have you talked to Lucy yet?" Gemma quietly asks from besides me once the other ladies are distracted in conversation.

Ahh, and then there's the Gemma thing. She suspects that my old bandmate, Jude, is involved with Jeffrey Azoff because she heard a strange phone conversation and saw some suspicious files on his desk while she was visiting my sister. Lucy and Gemma have been friends for years through Nick.

The Sound of Silence 2 // H.S.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara