42

Author's Note: This chapter is really short, but I wanted to do a little update this week. I've been busy as hell. 😅

Harry's POV

Nikki stayed cuddled up to my side all night as she slept. She has only done this a handful of times, so I'm afraid to go to sleep for fear that she'll move to her side of the bed. She gets hot easily and I guess I give off too much heat. I always have a bad joke ready when she complains about it.

Her screaming our safe word earlier did things to me...wicked, wicked things. She wasn't in pain or discomfort. We have both used the word when we're over-sensitized, needing a moment to recover.

We showered together, slowly reigniting the flame, needing to finish this properly. Loving on her is my favorite thing and she needs this more than being handled so roughly—no matter how many times she begs me for it. I know I need to remind her that this is real. She is loved and I'm never leaving her.

I showed my dominance without asking this time. I felt guilty for it as I gently washed over every forming bruise on her body. It's strange how she comforts me with sweet kisses and cooed whispers after I have my way with her. I know it's just how we are. It's more in my nature to be soft and for her to be assertive.

Over the course of our relationship I've notice her become softer while I've become more self-assured. I can't sleep when she is latched onto me like this. It's too precious, too momentous of an occasion.

"Stop staring at me." Her groggy voice interrupts my gawking.

"Why?" I kiss her furrowed forehead over and over until she laughs.

"Hmm. Fine, keep staring. Someone's losing out on their beauty sleep and not complaining. Am I dead? Is this a dream?" Nikki places her chin on my chest, looking up at me with a sleepy smile.

"Shh...you're ruining this with all of your talking." I cover her lips with two fingers. It's no surprise that she rolls her eyes at me then bites them.

"Hey—"

Nikki covers my mouth with her hand.

"Shh...you said no talking."

I smack her hand away, rolling us over to pin her beneath me. She surprises me by flipping us back over. How is someone this tiny so strong?! And why am I still surprised?!

"I know it has only been a week, but I missed you. Guess that means I must love you or something." She shrugs with my sweet smile.

"Yeah? And how do you think I feel?" I smirk.

Her eyes light up with the moonlight dancing on her face in agreement. I can't help but laugh to myself at my thoughts when it comes to her. I become a lovesick poet and she's my one muse and obsession.

"You love me." She says matter-of-factly.

I cradle her face then pull her down to my own in order to pour my love into a kiss that says everything. I must be doing something right if she never has to doubt how I feel.

It's half past 2 AM, but we continue to be wrapped up into each other. Between kisses there are the usual lame jokes from me and bless her—she still laughs at every single one. We talk about our work; she somehow has this way of making me fall for her over and over again. For instance, the way she talks about her upcoming tour and traveling to new places to perform. She cares about her fans so much; I mean she fell in love with one, otherwise known as, moi.