16

Author's Note: Whaaat? An update so soon?! Don't mind if I do! *waves magic wand*

Harry's POV

Walking out of the bathroom, my heart dropped at the sight of Nikki with her head in her hands. She was rocking back and forth. I was reminded of the all the previous times that I saw her like this and was by her side in a flash.

"Angel, are you alright?" I wrapped my arms around her. Her little body was shaking. It was similar to how she was a couple of days ago when she had woken up from a nightmare.

"I'm tired. I...I think I'm gonna take a nap." She sounded emotionless, like a robot shutting down.

"Nikki, sweetheart, look at me."

Instead of complying, she slumped against me. I rubbed her legs in the hopes of easing her shivering body. It seemed to work after a few minutes. I tucked us under the covers and held her. I knew she wasn't asleep, but for some reason she didn't feel safe. I remember her little habits. Anytime she involuntarily rocked, the damaged young girl inside of her felt vulnerable.

While it breaks my heart to see her like this, I know she trusts me wholeheartedly to care for her. She simply wants me to hold her and that's what I'll do.

Tears burned my eyes thinking about the months we spent apart. She bravely wrote and recorded an entire album about her life. It must've been emotionally and mentally draining.

I wasn't there to hold her through it—to remind her that she's safe and cared for.

The possibility of her never fully forgiving me weighed heavily on my mind. She says that she does, but I know that kind of hurt never completely goes away. All I can do is to always strive to be a better man for her and be everything she needs me to be because I love her. I've been in love with her since the day I saw her. Getting to know her throughout the years only validated it and made that love grow exponentially.

"You're safe, alright? I love you." I whisper into her hair.

"Just tell me everything will be okay." She says in a small voice.

I tried to keep my anxiety at bay. We literally got back together yesterday. I didn't want our happy bubble to burst this soon.

"Whatever happens we'll get through it together." I say as steady as I can.

Maybe I did something wrong.

Did I push her too far today?

My mind raced over every detail from the past twenty-four hours. My eyes closed at the feeling of three distinct kisses down my jaw. She somehow turned the tables and was comforting me.

"When did my Harry become an overthinker?"

Her Harry.

I nearly giggled like a little girl.

No. She's distracting me.

"Don't keep me guessing on what's wrong, love. Is it something specific? Did I do something? Are you just feeling down?" I uncharacteristically spoke at a rapid speed.

"It's hard for me to talk about. I know I have to deal with it but I can't right now." Nikki puffs out her cheeks and tucks her head into the crook of my neck. "When I try to...deal with it...I shut down."

I kiss the top of her head.

"I understand that more than you think." My ears perked up at the sound of her phone ringing. I notice her phone is across the room on the floor.