43

Author's Note: I missed you. Sorry for any grammatical errors. I'm a bit rusty!

"Just Hold On" - Steve Aoki, Louis Tomlinson

Nikki's POV

I swung back and forth, imagining myself flying amongst the birds. The aroma of freshly bloomed roses planted especially for me on our 7th anniversary calms my heart. Our home in Northern England is by far where I feel the most at home. I'm finally free from my demons.

"Mummy, look!"

The loveliest boy in the whole world excitedly points over at a bunny hopping across the garden. His white fur matching the likes of a certain White Rabbit who was late for a very important date in last night's bedtime story. The spitting image of me in a sweet and curious five year old boy makes my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. He may look like me, but his sweet disposition is from his daddy.

"Let him be, little monkey. He's late for a very important date!" I rubbed my tummy over my sundress.

"Did they kick?! My sissies?!" Little Monkey comes running full speed towards me, palms out ready to feel his already mischievous siblings.

"They're moving about. Be gentle with mummy, okay?" I place his little hands on my tummy. His face lights up at the slight flutters and a major kick that makes me grip the swing. These girls are gonna be footballers.

Harry walks out with his camera at the ready. I smile over at him. He's still a walking daydream in a plain white tee and gray joggers.

"They're kicking, Mr. Photographer. Get over here. They're trying to kill me!"

In a flash he appears next to me with concern written all over his face.

"Don't joke about that, love. I almost lost you last time." He bends down to kiss my tummy. "Be nice, girls. Don't make me come in there!"

Harry's dad voice makes me giggle. I run my hands through his hair. His glossy eyes look up at me in both wonderment and fear.

"I'm not going anywhere, okay? I promise."

"Angel? Are you awake? I hear you mumbling...you better not go anywhere!" I hear a familiar panicky voice speak quietly into my ear. Soft lips kiss my face over and over along with another annoyed voice telling him to give me space. A small giggle bubbles out of me.

"Little monkey?" I mumble, half in dream world transcending back into my reality with a throbbing headache.

"Who are you calling little?" Harry gasps, my eyes opening in time to find a blurry Louis smacking him upside the head.

"She calls you Little Monkey?" Liam breaks out into giggles.

"Harry is a bit monkey-like, but now we know he's a little one!" Niall joins in with the giggle party.

"All of you fuck right off. Nikki, sweetheart, are you with us?" Louis shoves Harry out of the way.

I blink slowly. I felt much like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz when she wakes up to her family after a trippy dream. My hand goes to my flat stomach. I'm not pregnant with twins and my little monkey is missing.

I feel sadness the moment I look over at Lou's sad and tired face. I piece together my reality, grabbing his hand.

"Oh, Louis. I'm so sorry." I croak out. I felt guilty that he was here at my side after crashing the fucking car. He lost his whole world only hours ago.