26

Author's Note: This is a short chapter but I was in a fluffy mood. 😘 It's not just a book of smut but also of real love and acceptance. I've established that Harry and Nikki are very sexual and open and comfortable with each other but I get pushback from some readers. Those same people keep on reading, though. 🤔🤔🧐 There are many different stories out there if you don't like this one, just saying. 😘

"Malibu" - Miley Cyrus

Harry's POV

October 2, 2016 (Los Angeles, CA)

"Remind me to kill my new PR team." Nikki was visibly shaking when she got into the SUV waiting for us. I gripped the seat, wanting to cover her hands with mine, but when she's this pissed I know not to touch her.

We were swarmed by screaming fans and paparazzi when we landed at the airport in Los Angeles. It was both a rush and a nightmare. Of course we love our fans but for the past couple of months we got to be normal and I momentarily forgot that we were famous.

The paparazzi welcomed us, shouting in our faces, "How does it feel to be the new power couple?! Move over Jay-Z and Beyoncé!"

Nikki's hand had tightened around mine. I could tell she wanted to defend Bey since they're good friends, but that would be giving the paps what they want—a reaction of any kind.

I bit my tongue and let her cool off. Anyone could've let slip that we were coming. Our relationship alone is going to cause chaos wherever we go. How on earth do we balance our life?  It's not that I've never thought about it, but I hoped to God that our whirlwind of a life won't end up snuffing out our relationship.

"I love you." I feel the need to remind her because it's only going to get crazier.

She doesn't respond at first with her eyes hidden behind my dark Saint Laurent sunglasses that she snubbed from bag. They look better on her anyway along with one of my Gucci button downs that's practically a dress on her. She cinched it at the waist with one of my silk ties—the same tie I had bound her wrists with the other day. Her thigh high boots have had me squirming the entire flight. She also had on the tiniest white shorts. Was this fashion suicide? Not on Nikki Samson.

Her wearing my clothes was sending a message. She's mine. Should I have made a statement in one of her Alexander McQueen dresses? At least it would've made my now grumpy girl laugh.

"Nikki..." I pry. No more silent treatments, woman.

"I love you. I just hate LA." She leans into me and intertwines our fingers. We proudly wore our rings for each other. I had to cough a few times at the airport to hide my smile when we were asked several times if we ran off and got married. Our glowing tans sure made it seem like we were coming home from a tropical honeymoon.

"We have this evening free. Tomorrow is your big day, but right now we're going home." I blink slowly, the corner of my mouth twitching at her confused hum.

"Home? I thought you sold your house and we were staying with James?"

"I did a thing." I smile widely. I just had to wait a little longer. I was terrible at keeping secrets when I was excited. More often than not, I get too excited watching my mum unwrap gifts that I get for her and if she takes too long I blurt out what it is.

Spoiler alert—it's almost always a handbag. She's an avid collector.

This particular surprise might be a bit much, but I plan on keeping this angel forever. I wanted to prove it. I wanted to show her.