Chapter 1: The Hurting Hero

Makarov POV

So... The Magic Council has finally had enough of him... I sigh and request Mirajane to bring in Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Erza.

Erza: "You called for us master?"

Makarov: "Yes, the Magic Council has sent us a message, you are to hunt down, and defeat a certain wizard... By any means necessary."

Erza: "Who could the Magic Council fear so much?" I sigh and turn my back to them, looking out towards the ocean.

Makarov: "It's a story, hundreds of years old now..."

Gray: "So we're hunting down an old man?"

Makarov: "Possibly, I do not know what his exact appearance will be, but I do know he is far stronger than any of you could imagine... A few hundred years ago, a group of people did an experiment, what would happen if human and animal DNA were to be crossed. They wanted to create a being with attributes from all kinds of animals... They made five in total... One fused with a lion, another a hippo, a crocodile, an eagle, and finally, the leader of the group. A wolf... They were supposed to only use the DNA from captive and domesticated animals, but when they created the wolf, one of the scientists switched it out for a wild wolf's DNA..."

Natsu: "So he had rabbis?" Erza glares at him.

Erza: "I'm guessing he ran wild then?" I grumble to myself.

Makarov: "No, not exactly... He freed the other four, so that they could escape... But the story claims he stayed behind... And killed every single person within the compound they were doing the experiment in... Another thing about these beings... They don't die of age..."

Gray: "What?!"

Erza: "So they're immortal?" I shake my head.

Makarov: "No. They can be killed, supposedly... The Leader, the Wolf... Stories have been told that he is immortal... People say they've seen him stabbed through his chest, only to stand back up again a few minutes later, with nothing but a scar left behind..."

Natsu: "So we just need to hit him harder than that." He says with his usual enthusiasm.

Lucy: "I really don't think you're seeing the point here." -_-

Makarov: "You four are some of our strongest wizards, and even then, I just don't know..."

Erza: "We'll be fine master."

Natsu: "Yea! We Got This!" He says loosening up his shoulder. I sigh and turn back to them.

Makarov: "Last I heard he is heading East through the forest just North of here... And if you even feel that any of your lives are in jeopardy, return here immediately, do not hesitate. This man is not to be trifled with unless you are all 100 percent. Understand?" They all nod. "Then go, and be careful." They all run out. I turn back and look out the window... Those stories are not true... When I met him all those years ago... He was far too caring to pull something like that... He would never kill, unless it was necessary...

Your POV

*cough cough* I cough up more blood, it was now trailing down each side of my mouth. God Damnit... I look down and see I'm leaving a trail of blood behind, they'll find me in no time if I keep bleeding like this. I look down at the wound on my side. Shit, I have no energy left to heal it... I release my claws, 3 silver, foot long blades extend from between my knuckles into the tree beside me. At this point I'm just trying to keep myself standing. If they find me, I'm in no condition for a fight... This might finally be the end... Then I hear rustling behind me, I duck as a pink haired boy lunges for me.