Eleven

Late on Monday night, Rapunzel's carriage pulled up outside of Auradon Prep, taking Raelynn back after her time away. She carefully got out of the car, placing her bare feet onto the floor.

"Bye mom." she waved to her mother. Rae took a deep breath and slung her backpack over her shoulder. Zivon squeaked.

"It's fine, Zivon. We've just gotta get to my room without being too loud. Because this is technically breaking curfew." Rae said quietly, beginning to walk into the building. She was as quiet as possible, and had her frying pan clutched in her hand (she could never be too careful). There was no one to be seen. It was quiet. Peaceful.

Suddenly, a dark shape came out of nowhere and bumped into her. Rae gasped and quickly spun around and whacked whoever- or whatever- it was straight on the head with the frying pan. Grey felt a pain in his head and the world went black.. He collapsed onto the ground. Rae looked down, and realised who it was.

"Fuck..." she whispered to herself. Zivon let out a panicked squeak and Rae sighed. "Well... this is new." she muttered, grabbing one of Grey's legs and pulled him outside, all the way to the forests for fresh air... and so no one would see them. She kneeled on the ground next to him and waited for him to wake up, pressing a piece of fabric that she had ripped off her dress and dampened in the nearby river to the already visible bump on Grey's head.

"Wha..." said Grey groggily. "What just--" he tried to sit up.

"Stay down you idiot." Rae hissed, pushing him back down and keeping the fabric pressed to his bump. "You'll end up passing out again."

"What the fuck?" Grey said, laying back down, "I mean, it's amazing to wait up with a hot girl over me, but what the fuck happened?"

"What?!" Rae exclaimed, her cheeks beginning to heat up, but it wasn't visible in the darkness. "You're lucky I don't hit you with the pan again after that comment!"

"Wait you fucking hit me?" he asked shocked. "Nice. But why?"

"Because you bumped into me in the dark and scared the hell out of me!" Rae said, keeping the fabric pressed to the bump.

"OW what are you doing?" Grey said, moving his head away.

"I'm pressing a cold compress to your bump!" Rae said impatiently, her hand following his head and trying to press the fabric back on.

"Great. Can I get up now?" he asked. Rae rolled her eyes.

"If you want to pass out then yeah go for it!" she hissed, and then paused. "Can you just let me help you for once?" she said softly.

"Fine..." Grey grumbled. Truth was, someone helping him? Never happened. The first couple times someone offered they ended up stealing from him. Rae sighed and carefully pressed the damp fabric back onto Grey's bump.

"Sorry for hitting you. You just scared me... where were you even going past curfew?"

"I was going to the kitchen..." Grey said, and suddenly paled (not that Rae saw). "F-for some Hazelnuts."

"Breaking curfew for hazelnuts?" Rae laughed. "How daring of you." She said sarcastically... maybe teasingly.

"I like my hazelnuts ok?" Grey said. "Why were you up so late, flower?"

"I just got back." Rae shrugged, pressing the fabric slightly harder. "Hold that there." she said, moving his hand and placing it on top of hers, before moving her own so that it was just his hand holding the fabric.

"Yes ma'am," Grey followed her instructions. "You think I can get up now?" Rae rolled her eyes once again at the 'ma'am' but nodded.

"You can try." she shrugged. Grey slowly tried getting up, but stumbled a bit into Rae.

"Woah." Rae fell backwards onto a tree that was behind them. Luckily, Grey couldn't see how red her cheeks had gone. Grey's cheeks turned red as well as he straightened up.

"Sorry..."

"M-maybe you should at least sit on the floor." Rae muttered and then smirked a little. "Wow an apology from you? I've really accomplished something."

"Shut up." He grumbled. "Don't tell anyone."

"Okay okay grumpy I won't." Rae rolled her eyes, laughing.

"I'd better get those hazelnuts before I pass out again." Grey said after a moment of silence.

"Yeah good idea. Just try to be a bit more subtle." Rae suggested as she stood up, picking up her frying pan as well. "See you around, Grey."

"Bye." he said as he walked away. 'Stupid, you stupid idiot...'  he thought.

"Well that was unexpected. And really weird..." Rae muttered to Zivon before walking back to her dorm.