Forty

Back in Auradon, the gang were still clueless. Mal, Cecilia and Grey were in Cecilia and Rae's room together.

"So you're telling me, this is Rae's necklace and she never takes it off?" Mal questioned. "Then there's definitely something wrong here."

"You're telling me. Something definitely happened." Said Grey.

"Then we've gotta go figure this out." Mal said. "But there's no way we can do it alone."

"Where are the others?" asked Ceci.

"Ben will most likely be in his office. Evie will be in our room working on dresses. Jay and Carlos will be in their room with Maddie." Mal said. "We're gonna need them all."

"Let's go." Grey nodded.

They went and rounded up everyone. The group of eight all stood in the forest where Grey had found the necklace. It had begun to get dark.

"So what do we do?" Maddie asked.

"It would probably be better if we all split up." Jay suggested.

"Jay take Carlos, Evie and Ben with you. Ceci, Maddie and Mal with me." Grey ordered.

"Oi, why'd you split me and Jay?" Maddie questioned, looking at Grey.

"Because I don't need you two sneaking off and making out instead of finding Rae." He said with a straight face.

"Oh come on." Maddie rolled her eyes. "Really, you're just jealous because I interfere with your bromance."

"Maddie it's fine, he's not wrong..." Jay muttered.

"Shut up you're both against me." She said, crossing her arms.

"I need her found Maddie." Grey turned to her. "Do you understand?" he said, a vulnerable look on his face.

"And we will." Ceci reassured. Maddie's face softened and she dropped her arms beside her.

"Well we're not making any progress just stood here, are we?"

"I... I'm going to see if... if she's in.. in the forest quickly. There's a place where we like to hang out..." Ceci stumbled. Before anyone said anything, she sped off.

"Oooookkayyyy?" Mal raised an eyebrow.

"We'll come find you if we find anything." Jay said, quickly pecking Maddie's lips before he walked off to the right with Carlos, Evie and Ben.

"Guess it's just us then until blondie comes back." Maddie said.

"Yeah..." Grey looked down at the necklace.

"We're going to find her Grey." Mal said reassuringly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We will."

"I hope so." he said as Ceci came jogging back. "Let's go."

For half an hour they searched through the forest. They called out her name, they flashed lights at trees, but there was no sign of the girl.

"It's getting late Grey... maybe we'd be better off coming back out in the morning when it's lighter..." Mal suggested.

"Maybe we should go find the rest of 'em and see if they found anything." Maddie said. Suddenly, there was a rustling coming from a nearby bush.

"What the hell was that?" Mal quickly spun around to look at the bush. Grey sprinted to the bush and  parted the leaves, revealing a male figure who had clearly gotten stuck. He grabbed the man by the collar and pulled him out throwing him to the ground, and pressed a foot onto his chest.

"Cecilia, light please." he said. When the blonde shone the light on the man's face, it revealed a familiar looking face with red hair and sideburns. Grey paled. "Stabbington."