Eighteen

Raelynn was painting and humming to herself as usual, with Zivon on her shoulder, in an effort to distract herself from thinking about Grey. He wouldn't leave her mind, she wished he would. He would never let her apologise, and that's why she didn't bother. In her mind, it was better to wait until they had a week away from school... even though her parents would be there.

"Zivon I know," Rae sighed, placing her paintbrush down and gently stroking the chameleon. "Everything will be fine... like Carlos said." she muttered. "Just it might take a while..." she shrugged, going back to her painting.

"Rae!" Cecilia cried, running into the room. "I have to tell you something VERY important!" Rae turned around to see her blonde friend stood there.

"What is it this time? The cafe is serving Earl Grey tea again?" Rae joked. Before she could say another word, Evie and Mal burst into the room. Rae's eyes widened at Mal and Evie's entrance. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Is it true?" Evie said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I thought you had a thing with Grey going?" Mal commented, crossing her arms.

"What?" Rae asked, confused. "Is what true? I have no idea what you're talking about." Evie took out her phone and handed it to Rae.

"I thought you liked Grey, not Carlos." Evie said. Rae took the phone.

"What are you..." she trailed off as she saw the latest anonymous post. It was a picture of her being carried bridal style by CARLOS with the caption: 'Aww the latest lovebirds.' "Wait... WHAT?!" Rae stared at the phone.

"Yeah, I was about to warn you..." Ceci sighed.

"Ok, can one of you girls explain why Jane is acting so cold towards me?" Carlos barged in, his clothes covered in a smoothie that had clearly been thrown at him. Rae said nothing more and just held out Evie's phone so Carlos could see the post and the caption.

"Fuck." Carlos remarked, and promptly got smacked in the back of the head by Evie.

"Language!"

"Wait so are you guys actually a thing? Carlos cheating on Jane and Rae cheating on Grey? Woah, drama." Mal commented.

"First of all, I'M NOT WITH GREY. Second of all, I'M NOT WITH CARLOS." Rae exclaimed, handing Evie's phone back to her.

"Wait wait wait. Hold up." Carlos said as he sat down and Dude jumped on his lap. "Grey and Rae? When did that happen? First of all, I never saw him dating anyone, then Mal happened, but an AK? Never saw that coming at all. Secondly, I'm not cheating. We're not even official, I was going to ask her during the break, but even then, I wouldn't cheat. Sorry Rae, you're not my type."

"IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! We almost kissed in the forest but that's it!" Rae sighed and then paused. "Wait... Mal and Grey dated?" she looked at Mal.

"We had a thing back on the Isle I guess." Mal just shrugged.

"Oh..." Rae muttered.

"You guess? M, you were the IT couple in the isle!" exclaimed Evie. "Granted you were the only couple.... crap, sorry Rae." Mal rolled her eyes at Evie.

"Sure, E."

"It's fine. I have no reason to be jealous. Not like we're a thing. Or are ever going to be a thing." Rae mumbled, turning away from the group.

"You never know what can happen." Ceci winked and glanced outside the window, and suddenly froze. Rae rolled her eyes and her cheeks went the slightest pink. Then she noticed that Ceci had frozen.