Extra Scene: Best Friend Meets Girlfriend

( Since the ending of this book, we realised that we forgot to have Jay introduce Grey to Maddie, aka his girlfriend. It just felt kinda wrong to leave it out so here you gooooo! )

"Oh, actually before I take you to your room," Jay stopped and turned towards the tourney field and started to walk that way. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"I don't feel like meeting more preppy princes and princesses thank you very much." Grey said dryly, shifting his bag.

"She's not." Jay said firmly, his gaze falling onto a girl doing archery down near the bottom of the field. A redhead. She was facing away from the boys, concentrating on the target. Grey let out a low whistle.

"Damn." He said as he checked out the girl.

"Don't even think about it." Jay said harshly, glaring at Grey. "She's my girlfriend."

"Wait what?" Grey looked at Jay. "You... out of all people... have a girlfriend?"

"Yes I do." Jay rolled his eyes. "Shocking I didn't force her, right? Almost seven months together."

"So basically when you got here. I can see why you didn't go back." Grey replied, looking Maddie over but then turning to Jay. "Not my type anyway relax. But how have you stuck with the same girl for over half a year? Last I checked you didn't go over a week. Unless you haven't..." Jay let out a sigh.

"I love her. I'm loyal to her. We've had our ups and downs." He admitted. "And still stop looking at her like that. I know you. You haven't even seen her face yet."

"Jay, I'm not that much of a dick, chill the fuck out." Grey held his hands up. "The faith you have in your best friend."

"You sure?" Jay rolled his eyes and noticed that Maddie still hadn't seen them. "Wait here." He crept up on Maddie who was preparing to release an arrow. Suddenly, he jumped forward and scared her. She immediately jumped, releasing the arrow off in a random direction and spun around, almost hitting Jay with her bow in the process. 

"What the fuck?!" She exclaimed as Jay burst into laughter. "You're such a dickhead!" She punched him in the arm. Jay still laughed but let out a groan of pain and held his arm.

"You should've seen your face Red." He laughed.

"You should see your face when I punch it." Maddie muttered, putting her bow over her shoulder and crossing her arms.

"You love me." He smiled at her.

"Debatable." She rolled her eyes. Grey faked gagged. Maddie's head snapped to Grey and she raised her eyebrows as Jay kissed her temple and wrapped an arm around her.

"Who's this?" She asked.

"Oh yeah." Jay refocused and looked at Grey. "This is-"

"Greyson Gothel" Grey said, stepping closer. "Hottest guy in the isle. And this idiot's so called best friend." Maddie raised her eyebrows and just looked at Grey.

"Uh huh..." she nodded slowly. "What I got from that was fuckboy and heading the right way for an arrow through the head." She muttered.

"Red." Jay warned.

"Muscles." Maddie replied.

"Be nice." He said and she huffed, keeping her arms crossed.

"I've got some standards." Grey crossed his arms. "And I rather not get an arrow through my head, thank you very much."

"Standards. Any girl who your eye lands on more like." Maddie furrowed her eyebrows. "Wandering eye, restless groin..."

"Maddie." Jay muttered, nudging her.

"What?" She shrugged. Jay sighed.

"This is Maddie. Merida's daughter." He finally introduced her.

"I never miss a bullseye, Greyson. So watch your head." Maddie warned.

"Reeeeeeeddd." Jay pulled her closer to him.

"Consider me warned. Now that I met your girlfriend, who I still have no idea how she has put up with you for seven months, can we go to my room?" Grey Said

"Please do. Bye bye now." Maddie said, fake smiling and then turning around.

"Waaaaaait." Jay pulled her back by grabbing her wrist. She groaned.

"What d'you want?" She sighed. Jay smiled and pulled her close to him, kissing her.

"I'll come see you later, okay?" He said, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Yeah yeah whatever now can I go back to archery before your friend finds himself being my new target?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You need to stop being so feisty." He said, kissing her forehead. "But fine. I love you."

"Love you too Muscles." She rolled her eyes and he let her go after pecking her lips once more.

"Can we go before I puke?" Grey groaned. Maddie furrowed her eyebrows at Grey before turning around and going back to her archery.

"Shut up." Jay rolled his eyes and walked towards Grey.

"Whipped." Grey replied in a cough.

"Shut up Grey." Jay rolled his eyes again but he couldn't help the smile on his face.

"She's got a bit of a temper doesn't she?" Grey commented as the two walked away.

"Yeah..." Jay nodded a bit. "But that's what made me fall in love with her. And she's funny and so beautiful and-" he cleared his throat. "She'll get used to you."

"Would not be able to handle it. Sure she's hot but that temper..." Grey shook his head. Jay glared at Grey, he looked ready to punch him and then suddenly, an arrow came flying straight between the boys' heads. Both of them spun around to see Maddie fake smiling and waving at them.

"I won't miss next time." She called and Jay just shook his head.

"What the fuck?" Grey exclaimed.

"That's Maddie for you." Jay sighed, his eyes still on Maddie who had turned away again. His eyes then hardened. "And don't you dare call her hot again."

"Let's just go before I get killed." Grey murmured. "And I thought the Isle was dangerous."