Thirty Seven

Everything was set. Everything was the best they could do in the amount of time they had. 'Everything is going to turn out alright...' Grey thought as he headed to the entrance after getting changed. However, it had reached seven-thirty and Rae still hadn't shown up, nor had she called him or anything. He sat on the steps, chin propped up on his hand. The hour of eight came and there was still no sign of the brown-haired princess.

The purple-haired VK walked behind Grey and sat beside him.

"What are you doing out here so late? You know there's a curfew, right?" Mal said.

"It's only eight pm. And I'm waiting for her. But I don't think she's coming..." He said softly.

"Oh... did she ever call you like Cecilia asked you to tell her to?"

"Nope." he popped the p.

"I'm sorry..." Mal sighed. She paused for a moment. "I doubt she'd stand you up Grey."

"Then why wouldn't she be here, Mal?" He asked, whirling around.

"I don't know..." she paused. "Do you even know if Ceci found her?" He just shrugged in response.

"Look, I need to take a walk or something. Here." he gave the basket to Mal. "Take Ben out or something." he suggested. Mal took the basket with no choice.

"But Grey..."

"Go." he said and began to walk away from her. Mal sighed.

"We're all stubborn VKs at one point aren't we." She shook her head and entered the school building with the basket.

Greyson Gothel had never felt like this before. Sure, he'd experienced disappointment, particularly from getting his hopes up and those being shot down by his mother. But this... this hurt more than anything he had ever felt.

'I'm a fucking idiot,' he thought, walking into the field he and Rae were in earlier in the day. 'How could I have ever thought that a girl like her could even like a guy like me? I shouldn't have fallen...' his thoughts were cut short as his foot stepped on... a chain? The chain was gold, and clearly a necklace because it had a little clip, but it was open. Attached to the necklace was a golden sun charm, it's rays slightly wavy. Grey picked it up and instantly recognised it. His eyes widened. "Holy shit." he breathed and immediately ran to Cecilia's room with the necklace.

In Ceci's room, Mal was stood in front of Ceci's bed, the blonde sat on it. Rae's bed was empty and untouched. When the door opened, both girls turned their heads to Grey.

"Grey...." Mal started. Grey ignored her and beelined for Ceci. Without a word, he opened his palm, revealing the necklace. Ceci gasped loudly.

"What?" Mal questioned.

"This.. this is Rae's necklace..." Grey said shakily.

"She never ever takes it off." Cecilia added. "Which means..." she trailed off.

"Something is horribly wrong..." Grey finished.