Thirty Two

"I'M. GOING. TO. MURDER. THAT. STUCK. UP. TWISTED. BITCH!" Rae yelled, her body shaking.

"I'd pay to see that." Maddie commented.

"Maddie shush." Jay muttered.

"What? I would." Maddie shrugged.

"That bitch..." Mal shook her head.

"Flower, calm down." Grey said, wrapping his arms around her.

"No! That bitch is going to pay!" Rae shouted, ripping herself away from Grey. "I've never done anything to her! And there's no need to bring Carlos into it!"

"Rae, you need to calm down..." Ceci said.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down!" Rae snapped. She winced slightly and the drips she was attached to started to wobble. Grey saw this happening and tightened his grip on her while turning to Ceci.

"Get the doctor now." he said seriously. The blonde followed his instructions and ran off. "Raelynn you need to calm yourself down before you injure yourself." Grey whispered in her ear.

"I'm fine Greyson!" Rae pulled herself out of his grip again. She was still shaking and there were now drips of blood on the bed. Grey lunged at her and held her to him again.

"I NEED THE DAMN DOCTOR. GET THE DICKHEAD PARAMEDIC IF YOU HAVE TO, ANYONE!"

"Grey let me go." Rae demanded.

"Rae you need to relax a little, it's not good for you." Mal said.

"I can't! That stupid bitch thinks she can frame me for things and why Carlos?! What the fuck has he ever done to her? Why use him when it's me she wants?!" Rae struggled away from Grey. At this moment the doctor and dickhead paramedic barged in.

"Everyone out!" the doctor demanded as the paramedic pulled Grey aside and stabbed a needle into Rae's arm and pressed down on it. This made Rae go drowsy and almost instantly, she fell asleep.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO TO HER?" Grey roared. "I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" he screamed, about to jump on the paramedic. Jay rushed into the room and pulled Grey back.

"Grey, calm down. You're gonna get yourself kicked outta here." he said gently.

"DID YOU NOT SEE THAT? THEY JUST KILLED HER! " he screamed. Jay carefully lead Grey out of the room.

"No they didn't, they just put her to sleep for a little bit. She's going to be okay."

"How do you know that? What if it was Maddie?"

"Grey I know..."

"Oi! I don't appreciate you bringing me into this!" Maddie's Scottish accent echoed. Jay rolled his eyes.

"It's what the hospitals have to do... don't worry. But you need to calm down. She needs you here when she wakes up, and if you shout they'll kick you out." Jay said calmly. "She will wake up." he reassured him.

"I need to go." Grey said quickly.

"Go where?" Mal asked, walking down the corridor towards them with Maddie.

"Anywhere. I need to get out of here." he said, ripping Jay's arm away from him and walking to the exit. Jay went to follow him but he was stopped.

"Let me go." Mal said.

"But-" Jay protested.

"Let me go." Mal repeated. Jay nodded reluctantly and Mal went out of the exit. "Grey where are you?" She called out.

"Why the fuck are you following me?" Grey asked, continuing to walk down the sidewalk.

"Because you're running away from your girlfriend who's stressed out and in hospital." Mal snapped, still following him.

"I'd rather not explode in the hospital, Mal."

"Yeah I know that but still, you don't know your way around here and someone needs to make sure you don't do anything stupid." Mal ran to catch up with him, now just a few yards behind. "And she's fine, it's anaesthetic, they had to put her to sleep to calm her down. She'll wake up in like half an hour." He turned around and revealed a bleeding nose.

"What do you want me to say? I doubt she wants me there anyways. I'm the reason she's there in the first place." Grey said. Mal's eyes widened.

"Grey what the hell have you done to your nose? And I highly doubt that. Of course she wants you there you idiot. And you know what she's like, if you're not there when she wakes up she'll want to be out looking for you."

"I didn't do anything." Grey defended himself. "I got shouldered in the nose by Rae. And it's not only my blood."

"Come on. We're going back to the hospital." Mal said firmly, and then softened. "She needs you Grey."

"I'm getting weak, Mal..." he ignored her. "I don't know what these... feelings are."

"Believe me I know." Mal laughed slightly. "Auradon changes you even if you didn't want it to at first. Those feelings, it's love. It's not weakness, it's powerful."

"This is not what I was taught."

"It's not what I was taught either. But, it's what coming to Auradon teaches you. It's what Ben taught me, and what Rae will teach you. If you let her."

"How'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"How'd you let go of everything you knew for a guy?" he elaborated, shaking a bit. "How do you forget your roots?"

"I never forgot my roots and I still haven't, you can't forget them. We will always be VKs, nothing can change that." Mal said gently. "I realised that Ben makes me happy, and we don't need to be our parents. You don't let go of everything, you just adapt and realise that that person makes you better, and will accept you no matter who you are." she smiled, placing a hand on Grey's shoulder. Grey stayed silent for a moment and then turned around, hugging Mal.

"Thank you" he said quietly. Mal froze for a second but then hugged Grey back. There was a flash of light but neither of them really noticed.

"You're welcome. But please I'd rather not have blood on me." she laughed, pulling away. "Are you ready to go back to the hospital?"

"Yeah... let's go." Grey nodded and the pair walked back.