Nineteen

Raelynn ran all the way into the forest before she had to stop to catch her breath.

"Greyson Gothel where are you?" She sighed. "Maybe I thought wrong..." she said to herself after getting her breath back. "Who am I kidding? I don't even know what I'm doing anymore..." Rae said, a tear sliding down her cheek. Suddenly, a voice echoed through the trees.

"... Let your power shine... Make the clock reverse... bring back what once was mine." Rae gasped and followed the voice.

"Heal what has been hurt." she sang out, seeing his head of black hair. "Change the fate's design..." she took a shaking breath. "Save what has been lost..." He stopped moving but didn't turn around.

"Bring back what once was mine."

"What once was mine..." Rae sang. "Grey... I'm so so so sorry..." she said tearfully.

"Why are you apologising?" He asked quietly.

"You don't know... do you?" She said, tears escaping her eyes.

"What, you and Carlos? Congratulations. Boy needs someone to keep him in check."

"No... Grey... it's not what it looks like..." Rae shook her head. He turned around.

"So you weren't snuggling up to him last night in the hallway? Do I need to get my eyes checked? " he said a bit harshly.

"Grey... I-I wasn't in a good state..." Rae breathed, looking into his eyes to find something, anything there. His eyes softened momentarily but became emotionless again. Nothing.

"Wait... but the picture wasn't of us 'snuggling'..." Rae said, confused.

"I wasn't talking about any picture," Grey said. "I went back to apologise."

"No... you were there?" Rae's eyes widened. He just nodded.

"Grey... I... I'm sorry... I..." Rae paused. Without even thinking, she threw her arms around him and pulled him into a hug. Grey was stunned. He had rarely gotten hugs, let alone apologies. Slowly he put his arms around her.

"I still don't understand what you're apologising for." Grey muttered. Rae gently rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Someone took a photo of Carlos and I and put it on the web, anonymously, and the whole school kinda thinks we have a thing..." Rae explained, still hugging him. "W-we really really don't though... Carlos is a friend and nothing more."

"You don't need to explain anything Raelynn." he said quietly, but didn't let go. He liked having her in his arms... and he didn't know why.

"Okay..." Rae whispered. She just stayed in his arms. It made her feel happy... it was weird. "I wanted you to hear it from me first that's all."

Suddenly a crack of thunder was heard, and rain began to pour down. Rae quickly pulled away and grabbed Grey's hand, pulling him through the rain all the way back to the school. They stopped once they were in shelter. Rae's dress was completely soaked and her brown hair was dripping wet. Her feet had blades of grass stuck to her bare feet. Grey's black shirt stuck like a second skin and his hair was framing his face.

"Well..." she burst into laughter. "At least my clumsiness didn't ruin the moment this time." Rae joked. Just as she said that, she tripped over her own feet and almost fell to the floor. However, Grey reached out and grabbed her arm before she landed.

"Woah Raelynn, careful."

"I'm just clumsy." Rae shrugged, scrambling back up to gain her balance. "It's in my nature."

"No shit." Grey laughed a bit uncomfortably.

"Uh... well yeah... that was a bit, uh, never mind..." Raelynn muttered, scratching the back of her neck.

"I... better go..." Grey mumbled, turning around.

"Grey..." Rae said quietly, gently touching his hand.

"Yeah?" he replied just as quiet. Rae paused.

"I..." she began. "Thank you." she muttered.

"For what?"

"Listening to me."

"You don't need to thank me for that." he said, and then just left.