Fifteen

"Raelynn where are you?" Greyson asked himself as he closed the door behind him.  Quick-paced footsteps could be heard down the hall, slowly getting quieter and quieter. Amelodic, yet tearful voice echoed.

"Flower gleam and glow... let your power shine..." the voice sang. Grey instantly recognised it and quickened his pace to catch up to her.

"Make the clock reverse... bring back what once was mine..." Raelynn's voice continued. Grey could see her now. But he couldn't help himself anymore by the time they had entered the forests.

"Heal what has been hurt... change the fate's' design..." Grey sang. The sudden voice made Rae jump and turn around, her hand enclosing something glowing. She didn't even think.

"Save what has been lost... Bring back what once was mine..." she sang. Grey stepped closer to her.

"What once was mine..." they sang together, locking their eye contact, the glow in Raelynn's hand brighter. Grey gestured to her hand.

"What's that?"

"O-oh... it's nothing." Rae muttered, glancing down at her hand. The glowing slowly stopped. Grey nodded silently. Rae sighed and sat down on a log that was nearby.

"I don't know if I should be telling you about this since no one knows... but," she slowly moved her hand away to reveal a necklace that had a yellow charm the shape of a sun attached to it. "It's a necklace... it contains the last drop of the flower's magic... it calms me down and glows when I sing to it." she took a deep breath. "Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine..." she sang, and sure enough, the necklace glowed. "I always have it. I never ever take it off." she explained and then paused. 'Why did I just open up to my enemy?' she thought, shaking her head.

"I thought all of it was gone?" Grey questioned.

"No." Rae shook her head. "I don't know how, but my mother still had some and put it in this necklace. She gave it to me on my twelfth birthday. And said that anytime I'm scared, angry, worried, sad... or confused, to sing to it and think of her. It always made me feel better." she explained.

"Oh..." Grey mumbled. He didn't dare sit down. After a moment of silence, Raelynn sighed again.

"Why did you come after me Grey?" she asked softly, holding her necklace in her hand once again, her eyes glued to the grassy floor.

"I-I wanted to see if you were ok." he looked down at the ground.

"Ok? What, with the son of my arch enemy is staying at my house for a week?" Rae laughed awkwardly, glancing up at Grey. She paused. "I don't understand... I thought you hated me. Why care if I'm ok or not?"

"I don't hate you..." he said quietly. "Never did. I don't know why I care."

"You didn't?" Rae stood up, fully looking at Grey now. Their eyes immediately locked. "You're nuts, Greyson Gothel..." she whispered, they were so close that she could feel Grey's breath on her lips.

"I guess I am, Raelynn..." he whispered huskily as he leaned down a little bit so their lips almost touched.

Suddenly, running footsteps were heard.

"Rae? Raeeeeee? Where are you?????" Ceci's voice echoed. The voice was followed by the girl herself who stopped in her tracks. Rae suddenly jumped back away from Grey.

"Ceci!" she exclaimed in surprise, her cheeks burning red. "W-what? Wh-where? I mean... this is nothing!" she stepped back, tripping over a rock and falling onto the floor. 'Thanks for the clumsiness mom..' she thought. Grey just stood there, paled and left quickly.

"OMG Rae are you ok?????" Ceci cried.

"C... I-I'm fine. You just scared me." Rae stuttered, scrambling to her feet.

"What happened? I heard screams," Evie asked, rushing towards the girls. Evie shrieked. "RAE YOUR DRESS!"

"Everything's fine Evie." Rae said, looking down at her dress, which was now decorated with mud stains. "Oh... I fell over." she shrugged.

"She and Greyson almost kissed!" Ceci cried and covered her mouth.

"Wait WHAT?" Evie exclaimed. "My Room NOW!"

"CECILIA!" Rae hissed, her cheeks going even darker. "Nothing happened!" Evie grabbed Ceci and Rae's wrists and pulled them to her room.