Fifty Two

After the three VKs and Rae had returned to Auradon, Cecilia, Grey and Rae were wandering the school grounds. Happy.

"I can't believe this. You were so adamant about not even having a conversation with Grey, and bam, you're now dating and in love with him!" Ceci gushed while walking next to Rae.

"I know I know." Rae rolled her eyes, holding Grey's hand as the three of them walked.

"Hi guys!" a high pitched voice behind them called. "I am so glad you're back!" Rae instantly recognised the voice and everything came rushing back to her. All that had happened before she was kidnapped. That bitch was the centre of it all. She decided to keep her anger down for a little while.

"Oh hey... Audrey." She spat her name.

"How are you all?" the brunette bounced over to them.

"Well I was okay until I saw your face." Rae smiled fakely. Audrey gasped tilted her head and laughed slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play innocent princess with me." Rae said with her teeth gritted.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"We know it was you." Rae snapped. "The pictures. Why'd you do it?"

"I was just sharing the gossip." Audrey said exasperatedly. "I saw it and just had to spread the good news!"

"Before finding out the story behind one thing you see?" Rae raised her eyebrows. "Hm, sure princess."

"It was pretty obvious."

"Do you want to hear the truth since you can't be arsed to learn it on your own?" Rae stepped closer to Audrey. "Carlos was comforting me while I was having a breakdown for upsetting Grey." she stepped even closer and glared at her. "Mal was giving Grey a pep talk when I was in hospital." she continued. "Carlos and I were never a thing. Grey and Mal never got back together."

"Oh... well anyways it doesn't matter. It's in the past." Audrey said cheerfully but narrowed her eyes.

"Oh well? Is that all you have to say? When you tried to turn Grey and I against each other?" Rae raised her voice. "What is in the past is our friendship. Why do I feel like it has something to do with this?"

"Why would it? It's not like you ditched me for a crazy girl... oh wait." Audrey scoffed.

"That's it." Rae boiled with anger. "You can target me, you can hate me, you can do whatever, but when you involve Ceci and call her crazy? No. You're not doing that." Rae slapped Audrey. "She's so much of a better friend than you. Choosing her as a friend was the best decision I've ever made."

"You little-" Audrey started but was stopped by Grey who stepped between the two princesses.

"I think you need to leave. Now. You don't insult the people I care about and expect me to not intervene. Go before I lose my temper with you." he scowled. Before anyone could say anything more, Ceci stepped forward and punched Audrey in the nose.

"I've had enough. Leave me alone." She sneered. Audrey nodded and slowly walked away. Rae went to try to follow her, but was stopped.

"Don't." Grey said. "She's not worth your energy." he looked at Ceci who rubbed her knuckles. "Where the hell did that come from?" He asked.

"An old friend helped me realise I need to defend myself." she shrugged.

"That little snooty bitch." Rae mumbled, just staring as Audrey walked away. "To think I used to call her my best friend sickens me."

"Well be glad you call someone else your best friend now." Grey said.

"I know." Rae turned around and hugged Ceci. "And I wouldn't change her for the world."

"Good, because I wouldn't either." Ceci hugged back.

"And I wouldn't change you either." Rae broke the hug and instead hugged Grey.

"Back at ya flower." he lifted her up a bit, and she leaned down and kissed him.

"Ok... I'm just going to go..." Ceci said awkwardly as the couple kissed. Rae pulled away.

"Sorry C." She chuckled.

"It's okay, you're in looooove." Ceci said. Rae rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Just how you will be at some point."

"I doubt it." she muttered, but seemed to be staring into the distance.

"Oh come on you'll find someone one day. I doubted it too." Rae said. "You'll see their smile and it'll enchant you." Ceci just shrugged.

"I don't know."

"Well I doooo." Rae went over to her best friend and put an arm around her shoulder. "You better tell me when you like someone." Ceci nodded.

"Good." Rae smiled. "I know you'll find someone."

"I hope so." Ceci sighed longingly.