Twenty Five

Greyson Gothel was a tough guy. He did have a sensitive side, but only a few people had seen it. He was frightened of only a couple things and that was his mother and Maleficent. But at that moment, those two women seemed harmless in comparison of a red-faced Eugene and a pale Rapunzel.

"M-mom... d-dad!" Raelynn exclaimed in surprise. 'Oh fuck fuck fuck!' she thought.

"What. The. Hell. Is. Going. On?" Eugene seethed. Rapunzel placed a hand on his shoulder but he shook it off.

"Sir... I..." Grey stuttered.

"I... dad." Rae teared up. "I..." she didn't know what to say. Her parents had never been this angry ever, and it hurt. "I-I'm sorry..." was all she could day. Grey moved closer as if to comfort her but Eugene didn't like that.

"Do not take another step." he warned.

"Go." said Rapunzel gently, which shocked Grey. He looked at Rae for confirmation.

"Just go Grey..." Rae sighed, looking down at the ground.

"You sure?" he whispered. Rae looked up and and glanced at her parents faces. She then nodded.

"Go, Grey... it's better if you do." she mumbled. Grey slowly turned around and walked into the forest.  Rae watched Grey leave and then turned to Rapunzel and Eugene.

"Mom... dad... I-I don't know what to say to you." she mumbled, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I know he's Gothel's son... but he's not her. He's different..." she said. Eugene scoffed. "I understand why you wouldn't be happy... but... I can't help who I feel something for." Rae said, eyes fixed to the floor.

"Trust me, I know." said Rapunzel stepping closer to her daughter.

"I don't know what to do..." Rae sighed.

"You follow your heart." Rapunzel said. Eugene looked at her disbelievingly.

"You support our daughter kissing that... that..." Rapunzel cut him off.

"If he makes her happy, I'll tolerate it. But you," she thrust a finger at his chest. "Are in no place to judge."

"Dad." Rae walked towards Eugene. "It's okay..." she said, hugging him.

"How do you know he's not faking it to get revenge on us?" he asked, hugging her back.

"He's kinda already done things because his mother and Maleficent forced him to... but he's changed now and he apologised." Rae explained.

"What- never mind, you're telling me later," Rapunzel said. "Now go find him."

"Okay..." Rae nodded. "Thank you." she hugged each of her parents before running off into the trees.

"I hope we made the right decision to let her go out with this boy." Eugene said. Rapunzel put an arm around his waist and he kissed her head.

"We have. He makes her happy, I can tell."