Mt. Moon and New 'Friends'

Jen had stopped a little ways away from Mt. Moon and summoned her Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Gastly looked around nervously once he materialized and gave a sigh of relief.

        “See? She’s not like our previous master, Gastly.” Vulpix said as she followed Jen off of the path and into the trees.

        “You guys hungry?” Jen asked once they found a good spot. She opened her bag and began looking at the food that Libby had packed for her and her Pokemon.

        Gastly and Vulpix gathered around her as she handed them some berries and poffins. They ate eagerly as Jen laid out under a tree with her cap pulled over her eyes. She was still pretty tired, but she was more interested in listening to her Pokemon talk.

        “She hasn’t eaten yet.” She heard Gastly mutter to Vulpix after a few minutes.

        “Relax, Gastly. She probably ate before feeding us.”

        Jen’s stomach growled, and she grabbed it annoyed. Gastly stared at Vulpix.

        “Okay, so she didn’t.” Vulpix said defensively.

        “I’m going to tell her she needs to eat.”

        Vulpix giggled. “Good luck with that.”

        Jen could hear Gastly drift over to her, followed by the sound of Vulpix’s light paw steps as she scampered over with him.

        Jen pulled her cap up and stared at her Pokemon, using every ounce of will power not to giggle or smile uncontrollably. “What’s up, guys? You both done eating?”

        Gastly sighed nervously. “Master, you really should eat something.”

        Jen accidentally let a soft smile spread across her face. She found Gastly’s concern for her to be sweet.

        “UGH!!!” Vulpix groaned. “That’s not how you tell her. She has no idea what you’re saying. Here, watch me.” The little fox hopped over to Jen’s bag and pulled out a plastic wrapped sandwich. Vulpix then raced back over to Jen with the baggie in her mouth and leapt onto Jen’s stomach.

        “Oomph!” Jen cried softly as Vulpix dropped the sandwich onto her chest.

        “Master. Eat. Now.” Vulpix commanded in her child-like voice.

        “Vulpix! That wasn’t very nice.” Gastly scolded.

        “What? Your way wasn’t working so I decided to tell her my way.”

        “Well, I hope your way changes if, and when, you become a Ninetails.” Gastly grumbled.

        Vulpix laughed in response.

        “Oh dear God…” Jen thought as she laughed as well. She then proceeded to sit up and take her sandwich out of the bag. “Thanks for looking after me, guys.” She said as she took a bite out of the sandwich. Peanut butter with banana slices! Her favorite. “Libby, you know me so well.”

She quickly finished her sandwich and threw the empty baggie into her bag. Grabbing her bike, she walked with her Pokemon back onto the path and towards the cave mouth of Mt. Moon.

        Once inside, Gastly floated in front of Jen and took the lead.