Separated (Part 2)

Within Latias’s Sanctuary

        “Latias!” Mew sang as she and Haunter descended into the garden.

        N, Pikachu, Rattata, and a brown-haired girl looked over at them. All of Red’s other Pokemon, who were relaxing by the pond, looked up at them as well. Mew made a bee-line for the girl and just about knocked her off of the swing she was sitting on.

        “Mew…what was that for?” N cried.

        Mew didn’t answer. She was too busy hugging the girl.

        “I was wondering when you were going to get here. The Chosen One’s brother’s Pokemon were the first to arrive. They told me about Arceus splitting you up and sending you to different regions. What did you guys do?” The girl asked.

        Mew shook her head. “Sorry, Latias. I can’t tell you that. It would be too much for your innocent mind to comprehend.”

        Latias pouted in her human form.

        “Latias?” N wondered aloud.

        Latias looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “He can understand us too?”

        Mew grew stiff.

        “Too? What do you mean by that?” N asked. “Are you by chance talking about Concordia and Anthea? Did my sisters come through here a while back?” His voice seemed to be rising with hope and excitement.

        “No…but it’s cool to know that there are more people who can understand Pokemon. Just a couple weeks ago--”

        Mew quickly poked Latias in the forehead with her tail before screaming, “Tag! You’re it, Latias!”

        Latias grinned wildly before shifting into her red and white Legendary form. “Better fly fast, Mew!” She cackled as she flew after Mew.

Mew soared high into the sky with Latias on her tail. Literally. Latias reached a paw out for Mew’s pink tail, but was stopped when a gray figure tore past her. Both Legendries froze and turned to see Mewtwo land with such force that the ground broke under his feet.

        “Well hello to you too.” Mew muttered under her breath.

        “Mew!” Vulpix cried as she tackled her friend.

        “You got paired with Mewtwo? This is funny! How was it?” Mew asked.

        “Not too bad. We didn’t talk during the trip over here, but I was able to fly! Flying is ssoo much fun!” Vulpix beamed. “I can understand why you all like it so much. I feel so…so…FREE!”

        Mewtwo looked around the sanctuary. “Where is she?” He caught sight of N sitting next to the swing Latias had been sitting on, and slowly walked towards him. “Where is Jen?”

        “She hasn’t arrived yet. And neither has Reshiram or her cousin.” He replied.

        “Hang on a sec.” Mew said slowly. She counted everyone in the area, except for Latias, and frowned. “We’re only missing Red, Reshiram, and Jen. Arceus put us into pairs…Red said that he was with Reshiram.”

        “So who is with Jen?” Vulpix asked.

        “And where is she?” Rattata added.

        Mew looked at Mewtwo. “I can’t sense her anywhere either.”

        Mewtwo looked like he was searching for her too. “I’m going to kill Arceus.” He growled darkly.