For Whom the Bell Tolls

A couple hours later

        Jen woke up with the metal bands still holding her arms down by her side. She groaned and pulled at the bands, but she was only wasting her time.

        “Ah! I see that our guest is finally awake.” Colress said from the other side of a long, wooden table. He was sitting with the female grunt from the White Forest and her partner, and with Ghetsis sitting at the head of the table. They were all staring at her.

        “Aldith has told me that you were last seen with my son, N. Where have you taken him?” Ghetsis asked in an eerily kind tone. Jen could tell that it was only a façade, and that underneath his friendly tone, he was still the same evil, coldhearted thing-of-a-man.

        Jen kept her mouth shut and glared at Ghetsis. She would tell him nothing about N or the others, especially after witnessing the horrid experiment Colress had conducted on the Ursaring. “I wonder how it is doing now. Is it still being brainwashed?

        “It would be wise for you to answer Lord Ghetsis.” The orange-haired, female grunt, Aldith, growled.

        “Perhaps she wants something first. Some form of motivation?” Colress suggested. He glanced over at Jen.

        “I want you to let me go.” She muttered crudely.

        “Not until you tell me where N is. I need to know where he is hiding.” Ghetsis said. His tone was quickly growing darker as his temper began to slip. “Tell me. Now!”

        “Holy. Shit. Ghetsis is like my mom…” Jen mentally gasped.

        “Ghetsis, be kind to our guest.” Colress said in his abnormally calm tone.

        “Shut up, Colress.” He turned back to Jen, who sat quietly at the other end of the table. “You somehow managed to show up in my headquarters with nothing, but berries, and your Pokedex in your bag and the clothes on your back. How did you do it?”

        Jen put her cuffed hands on her lap and leaned back in her seat.

        “We found some interesting Pokemon entries in your Pokedex.” The male grunt said. “How is it that you have more Legendary entries than regular Pokemon entries logged?”

        Jen shrugged callously.

        “This is getting annoying.” Ghetsis mentally grumbled to himself.

        Jen let a very tiny smirk form on her lips. All she needed to do was wait until he grew tired of her and ordered to have her locked away. Then she could make her escape without anyone figuring out her secret.

        “How did you get into the lab without being spotted?” Aldith asked harshly.

        Jen sighed and shook her head.

        Ghetsis groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. “This is going nowhere. Lock her--”

        A loud explosion sounded a little ways away from the room.

        “What the Hell happened?” Ghetsis hissed.

        Aldith and her partner put a hand to their communicators as they listened to the grunts on the other end. Their expressions quickly grew furious. “It’s Team Rocket. They’ve broken into the lab, and they’re now trying to steal Colress’s device.”

        “Well don’t just stand there!” Ghetsis screamed. “Go! And do whatever means necessary to stop them!”

        “Sir!” The grunts stood and bowed before running out of the room for the lab.