The Truth Will Set You Free...Right?

Jen landed a few minutes later on top of the Pokemon Tower. “M-Mewtwo? How did you get away? How did you escape?”

        He had his back turned towards her.

        Jen stayed where she had landed. It may have been a stupid idea to have followed him, but she was no fool. She had to see his eyes before she would get any closer to him. “Mewtwo, please turn around.”

        He hesitated for a moment before finally turning to look at her. His eyes were no longer red, but their regular, bright purple again.

        Jen smiled and sighed with relief.

        Mewtwo started walking towards her, but his expression was grim. A red flag immediately went up in her mind and instead of letting him close the gap between them, Jen started to back away. “Guys…” She said, trying to get the message through to the others, but Mewtwo was blocking her.

        “Jen--”

        “Why won’t you let me talk to Red or any of the others? Why are you blocking my connection to them? They would want to know that you have gotten away from Team Rocket as well.” She stopped when she felt the edge of the Tower under her feet.

        Mewtwo didn’t say anything. He continued to walk towards her.

        “If you don’t answer me, then I will go straight back to Saffron City for the others.” She threatened.

        “We need to leave.” He said bluntly.

        “No! I’m not going anywhere with you…this isn’t you. You’re still under the machine’s control. How?! You should be out of its range.”  Jen asked.

        Mewtwo was now a foot and a half away from her. She tried to enter his mind and break the machine’s control, but she couldn’t focus. The ringing that held him under the machine’s control was blaring inside of his mind.

        She covered her ears and left his mind. “I’m sorry, Mewtwo. I’m sorry.

        Mewtwo slowly leaned forward. The closer he got, the more Jen could begin to see through his mind projection. His eyes quickly turned from glowing purple to a fiery red.

        She quickly took another step back and let herself fall through the air. She looked back up at the top of the Tower and saw Mewtwo staring down at her. He held one of his hands out to her and stopped her in mid-air.

        “No! No! No!” She as he began to bring her back to the roof. “Let me go!” She screamed. She pushed the air and kinetically shoved Mewtwo back.

        His mental hold on her disappeared and she took off flying back towards Saffron. “I’m sorry, Mewtwo.” She mentally searched for Red and the others. “Mewtwo is here and he’s still under the machine’s control. Keep an eye out for any of the others.

        Jen didn’t know if the message went through or not, but she was sure of one thing. Mewtwo was right behind her. He reached out for her again and pulled her back towards him.

        “Stop it!” She screamed. He grabbed her around the waist and held her arms down at her side. “Let. Me. Go!” She released a kinetic blast back at Mewtwo, but he didn’t release her. “LET ME GO!

        Mewtwo’s grip loosened enough for her to slip out of, but just for a moment. She took off like a bullet towards Saffron City. She had to find the others or at least get back to Sabrina.