The street was silent with the exception of some distant sirens. Jen and the others continued to stare at Mewtwo with mouths gaping open in disbelief.

        “Oh, this is just too funny!” Mew cackled from above them. She had been watching their reactions in the disguise of a perched Spearow. “Adorable, but extremely funny!”

        Mewtwo glared at the giggling Mew and then looked back at Jen, who met his gaze with a look of…well, he actually couldn’t tell what her expression was. It looked like a mixture of multiple emotions.

        His aura shown for a moment as he turned back into Kenji so if anyone saw them, he wouldn’t draw any unwanted attention towards themselves.

        “Someone say something! The silence is killing me!” Mew cried. “I’ve been waiting awhile for you guys to find out, and this is how you guys react? By being completely speechless?”

        “How can we not be?” Red asked.

        “Jen, you’ve got to have something to say…don’t you?” Mew asked.

        Jen didn’t respond.

        “Ugh! This is so annoying!” Mew moaned. She flew over to Vulpix and nudged her out of her daze. “What have you got to say about this?”

        “I pity anyone and everyone who is not traveling with us right now. They are missing out on so much.” Vulpix giggled. “Right, guys?”

        Haunter and Rattata stirred from their bewilderment and looked at Vulpix. “This is turning out to quite an adventure.” Haunter replied bluntly.

        “Hang on. I thought you couldn’t transform.” Red said.

        “I can’t morph into another Pokemon like Mew can, but I do know how to convince those around me into seeing what I want them to see. When you saw me as Kenji, you were really seeing--”

        “--A projected mind trick.” Mew finished. “It took me a while to find out and see through the projection.”

        Jen thought back to all the times that she ran into Mewtwo as Kenji, replacing her memories of Kenji with Mewtwo, and giggled slightly as she imagined Mewtwo sitting at the coffee shop. “How did he pay for the coffee?

        Her thoughts then drifted towards the night of the dance, and how close she had danced with him. And then to all the times that she kissed him.

        Her face slowly turned red and she looked at the ground when she realized that Mewtwo could be reading her mind. Mewtwo, however, was not reading her mind. He looked at her worriedly, not understanding why she was no longer looking at him.

        Jen continued to think back to when she returned to the Tree and everyone had been looking for her. He knew that she had been with him in Rota all morning, and when she returned to the Tree, he and the others…he didn’t seem mad? Jen couldn’t remember, but she did recall that he didn’t scream at her. He was pretty calm…and he practically encouraged her to return to Rota to go on her date.

        A small smile crept across her face as she began to giggle softly.

        “Jen, are you alright?” Red asked.

        “Sorry.” Mewtwo said softly.

        Jen looked up at him and shook her head. “…” She wanted to say something to him, but she just couldn’t find the right words.