The Mews

Jen reluctantly returned to Cerulean City followed by an army of Pokemon. When the remaining grunts saw the shocking sight they panicked and ran. Jen wanted to chase after them and demand they take her to Misty and her Pokemon, but she had to return all the captured Pokemon first.

        Just about every trainer came running at full speed, each one crying out for his or her Pokemon. The Pokemon didn’t hesitate in meeting their beloved trainers halfway, passing Jen to reunite with them.

        The joyful reunions would have warmed Jen’s heart if only she was not burning with a silent fury. Seeing the trainers hug their Pokemon only fueled her anger and jealousy of them.

        She walked back to the gym unnoticed by the happy trainers and found her bike mangled in front of the gym. It looked as if it had been trampled by a stampede of Tauros, and then handed to a Machoke to bend and break. She also found her bag to have been raided by the Rocket grunts, leaving absolutely nothing behind for her.

        Jen clenched her fists and began to cry.

        A few trainers saw her and slowly approached her. “Hey, kid, are you alright?”

        Jen shrugged them off and gathered her shredded sleeping bag into her damaged duffle bag, but her attempts were in vain. She sighed heavily as the sleeping bag fell apart. “Damn.” She grumbled, throwing the bag down in anger. “Fine then I’ll follow them on foot!”

        With nothing, but the clothes on her back and her messenger bag slung over her shoulder, she marched out of Cerulean City, determined to find Misty and her Pokemon.

        Elsewhere

        Mew had heard Arceus’s call, and felt the power that had caused the blackout, but decided against attending the gathering in hopes to investigate on her own. The power was very similar to her own, and Mew knew of only one other being that shared such strength.

        It took her only a couple of minutes to find his cave.

        “Mewtwo!” Mew cried in her ever friendly and perky tone.

        There was no answer.

        “I know you can hear me, silly!” When she didn’t get a reply, she flew gracefully into the cave in search of Mewtwo. All the wild Pokemon who inhabited the cave as well watched in awe as Mew passed. Some even followed the pink Pokemon, but slowed to a stop as she drew closer to Mewtwo’s dwelling.

        “Don’t go in! Don’t go in!” Many of them cried.

        Mew stopped and smiled at them. “No need to fear. We’ve settled our differences a long time ago. I only wish to talk to him.”

        “But he is gone.”

        “Gone? Where to?”

        Many of them shrugged. “He left minutes before the people with the machines and ‘R’s’ on their chests came.”

        Mew flinched. “Are they still here?”

        “They never left. They are going to try to capture him once he returns.” Mew drifted towards the entrance of the cavern that Mewtwo called home, but went no farther. She could sense both human and unfriendly Pokemon hidden deeper in the cavern. “Please, flee. They have no interest in us.”

        “Thank you for your help.” Mew chirped as she glided from the cave.

        Little did Mew know that Team Rocket had set up a silent alarm at the mouth of the cave, which had been set off by her passing energy. At least she didn’t know until three Spearows, two Beedrills, and a Raticate came charging after her.