More Explosions and Surprises

“Team Rocket is firing at us. Am I right?” Jen growled icily.

        “Damn.” Kenji muttered.

        “How did they know where we were?” Jen asked just as bitterly, turning her head towards Kenji. “Did they follow you?”

        Kenji shook his head. “Not possible.”

        Another light ignited in the distance, but it was much closer and faster than the last time. Jen was ready to project a force field around the Ferris Wheel, but to her dismay, the light split into ten different lights, and they were all headed in ten different directions.

        “Oh no. Mew, Mewtwo, help me, please! Red, get your Pokemon and mine and get out of here!” She cried as she tried to mentally throw the blasts off course. Unfortunately, she was panicking too much to concentrate.

        The fiery blasts neared their targets.

        “NO!

        Red and his Pokemon, along with her own Pokemon, shot out of the lower baskets and rushed at some of the lights. Both Charizard and Vulpix lashed out at the blasts with flamethrowers, while Pikachu zapped a missile out of the sky with a thunder shock. Haunter flew at another missiles and launched two shadow balls at it, but there were still a handful of missiles headed towards a couple rides.

        Jen forced herself to focus on one of the missiles that was headed for the roller coaster she rode earlier and willed it to fall apart. The missile exploded in the air just as Jen had willed it.

        She looked for the others that were nearing their targets and saw them explode into flames as they slammed into a purple and pink force field. Jen sighed with relief. “Thank you.

        She slowly looked back up in time to see one last fiery blast flying right at the Ferris Wheel.

        She felt Kenji grab her by the waist and jump towards the other side of the basket. Using himself as a shield, Kenji landed on top of Jen as the missile crashed into the ride. The Ferris Wheel exploded into flames as the basket containing Jen and Kenji fell. They spun in the air for a moment before painfully landing on the ground.

        Red watched as the last missile crashed into the Ferris Wheel and silently gasped.

        “Charizard! Hurry! We need to find Jen before the ride collapses.” Red signed.

        Charizard obeyed and flew at top speed towards the burning ride. Haunter sped on ahead, but neither Haunter nor Charizard could reach the ride before it started to fall apart.

        “No! Master!” Haunter shrieked.

        “Jen!” Vulpix cried.

        Kenji slowly crawled to his feet and looked around the basket. The basket was in flames and he could barely see anything inside or outside, but that didn’t concern him at the moment.

        “Jen? Are you alright?” He coughed. Smoke was filling his lungs. “Jen?!”

        He searched the dark, smoke-filled basket for her, and found her crumpled up near the back. She was out cold and her head was bleeding.

        “No, no, no! Jen, please be alright!” He begged as he crawled over to her and checked her pulse. It was faint, but who knew how much longer she had.