Hide and Seek

Back within Latias’ Garden

        “How did she find me? How did she know that I was in Altomare?” Jen wondered to herself. “What the heck happened back there?”

        “How are you now talking, Red? And how did we walk by the guards without being noticed?” N asked. He was beginning to speak very quickly.

        “We have Mewtwo to thank for both things.” Red replied. “You’re hearing my projected thoughts.”

        “Huh…I’ll have to thank him next time I see him.” N said. “Though, I’m surprised he’s not here now.”

        “I’m sure he’s around here somewhere.” Jen smiled as she leaned into Mewtwo, who still looked like Kenji.

        “Why did we have to leave? Who was that woman who was trying to follow us?” Latias asked.

        Jen and Red grimaced. “My mom. She’s been hunting me down for quite a while, and she somehow found me again.”

        “You guys don’t have to leave, do you?” Latias asked.

        “Umm…”

        Everyone looked at each other.

        “I guess if we just stay hidden, then we can stay.” Jen shrugged. She looked at Mewtwo. “Is that alright?”

        “Even if she finds us, I will send her away. You do not have to worry about her taking you.”

        Jen beamed at him. “Thank you.”

        “But how did she find you in the first place?” Red wondered aloud.

        “Is there some sort of device that she might have that she could be using? Like the tracking device that Team Plasma put on me?” N asked. “Or did she just get really lucky?”

        “Lucy is not tech-savvy in the slightest. She wouldn’t have been able to use a--” A sudden thought occurred to her.

        Lucy had something in her hand when Jen ran from her back at the carnival. Could it have been the Hound device? Lacy and Clara had it the last time she saw it.

        “She might have…a device…” She said slowly.

        “Then we will turn her away if she comes.” N said calmly.

        “If only it could be that easy.” Jen muttered.

        “N, can you come with me? I need to go talk to Miss Bianca and her grandfather, and I’m going to need you to translate for me.” Latias said.

        “Sure.”

        Latias grabbed his hand and ran off to find Bianca.

        “Latias is so adorable.” Mew giggled. “She’s getting along so well with N.”

        “So what are we going to do now?” Red asked. “We’re not going to just wait for Lucy to show up, are we?”

        Haunter and Vulpix shuddered. “Can we please not do that? We really don’t want to see her again.”

        Jen walked over to her Pokemon and hugged them.

        “We don’t want her to find you either.” They said.

        “Don’t worry, guys. As long as we are together, she will not get us.”

        “And will you guys quit looking so glum? She’s not here, and for all we know, she might never find us.” Mew said. “So let’s forget about your crazy mom for a bit and have some fun! Who’s up for a game of red light, green light? Or hide and seek? Mewtwo, absolutely no teleporting during red light, green light!”