Bye Bye...

Jen and Red landed in the clearing a few minutes later to find it completely empty.

        “Where are the Mews?” Jen asked aloud as she let Vulpix down.

        Red shrugged.

        “Shall we go look for them?” Charizard signed as the two teens searched the clearing.

        “Sure.” Red replied. “Jen?” He snapped his fingers at her, trying to get her attention. “You alright?

        “Yeah, I’m fine.” She said dryly. “Let’s go find Mew and Mewtwo. They will want to know about my mom and the Team Rocket grunts that showed up in Rota.”

        Red and Charizard froze. “Come again?” Red asked while signing.

        “I keep running into these two crazy Rocket grunts. Last time I saw them they tried to kill me and almost succeeded.”

        “And now they are here in Rota?” Red asked/signed anxiously.

        “Yep, but I’m not worried about them.”

        “So what are you going to do if they find you? You can not let them know what you are or what you can do.

        “I know, and don’t worry, we’re hidden in the Tree, while they are in Rota.”

        Red stared at his confident cousin blankly. “Your mom searched all over Kanto for you. What makes you think she may not try to venture to the Tree?

        Jen hesitated and looked at her Pokemon. They didn’t like the thought of Lucy possibly finding them either. “We’ll think of something if that happens. And if she does manage to get to the Tree, then we can hide or run. She can’t search forever.”

        Red smiled at her positive attitude. “I’m glad you still have hope.

        Jen rolled her eyes and smirked. “I never lost hope. Now, lets go find the Mews. They’ll want to know what happened while we were in Rota.”

        Lucy had spent the last few hours combing the streets of Rota for Jen. She questioned just about everyone there as well, but their answers remained the same. They had seen her in town a couple times, but no one knew where she was staying. After awhile of searching in vain, she finally made it to the Pokemon Center.

        “Hello! How may I help you?” Nurse Joy chirped when Lucy walked into the lobby.

        Lucy took out her picture of Jen and held it up for Joy to see. “Have you seen my daughter?”

        Joy examined the photo and smiled. “I have. She was in here earlier today. She said her Pokemon weren’t feeling good, but I saw nothing wrong with either one of them.”

        Lucy’s hope skyrocketed. “How long ago was that? Did you see where she went off to by chance?”

        “She was here a couple hours ago, but she did return a little while later only to leave with a boy and his Charizard. Don’t worry, they always come and go from Rota together. They’re bound to return.”

        Lucy nodded excitedly. She had finally caught up to Jen, but where in Rota was she hiding? She walked over to one of the tables and noticed Clara and Lacy sitting at one of them. Lacy was on the phone with someone.