One of Us

Ash’s Pidgeot and a Charizard landed on the Sky Pillar. Jen felt her heartbeat race as Ash, Pikachu, and Misty hopped off of Pidgeot. Her gaze quickly turned to Charizard and the trainer on its back.

        “R-Red?” She said softly. Her hope was quickly rising.

        The trainer hopped off of his Pokemon and walked into view.

        “RRREEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!” Jen screamed.

        Red didn’t have time to react as Jen slammed into him and his Charizard, pulling him into a tight hug. The sky seemed to clear up around them.

        “You…you jerk! You frigg’n jerk!” She cried as she hugged him tighter.

        Red smiled and hugged her back.

        “It’s as if she doesn’t even know we’re here.” Ash remarked in a teasing voice.

        “Just give her a moment, Ash. She hasn’t seen him in a very long time.”

        “This is the same Red who you wanted to have resurrected?” Arceus asked.

        Jen turned towards Arceus with tears of joy in her eyes. “Uh, huh.” She then stiffened when she saw all the other Legendries staring at Mewtwo.

        “Did you bring him back to life, Mewtwo?” Cresselia asked.

        Mewtwo shook his head. “I only found empty graves when I arrived at the Pokemon Tower.”

        “So…did you do something, Ash…wait, no? You didn’t know that he was dead, did you?” Jen asked.

        “I knew my brother was dead years ago, Jen.” Ash said as he helped Red and Jen to their feet. “The only thing that still puzzles me now is how he has returned. He won’t tell us.”

        Red smirked and signed for Jen’s folder. Jen quickly handed it over and Red flipped it open to her drawings.

        “Who drew these and when?” Ash asked. “All of these drawings are…”

        “Of your adventures, Ash.” Misty said, finishing his sentence.

        Jen’s lips formed a thin line. “I only drew those because I thought they would help Ash wake up. They weren’t supposed to be based off of real, or future, events.

        “Mewtwo, you were the last one at the Tower. Only you could have brought the boy back to life.” Zapdos stated.

        “Just because I was there last, doesn’t mean I was the one who brought him to life. Remember, I found two empty graves.”

        Red quickly began to sign, but none of the Legendries paid him any mind. And even if they did, they probably wouldn’t be able to understand him.

        “Can you repeat that, Red? I didn’t see you sign.” Jen said, looking up from the drawings.

        Red’s shoulders sagged, but he proceeded to sign again.

        “There is no need. I saw what he said.” All the Legendries and humans turned towards Arceus. “I also believe that he is correct in his theories.”

        “What do you mean by that? What is the boy saying?” Celebi asked curiously.

        Arceus slowly turned his gaze towards Jen, again, who shrank away from his stare.