No Time To Say Goodbye

Following the Mewtwo

        It had taken a while before Mewtwo could get away from Giovanni. He had to wait until Giovanni went to bed before he could return to the lab Jen was being kept in.

        He sighed when he reached the lab doorways, not knowing what he may find on the other side. He pushed open the doors and walked in to see Jen curled up on a cot with a couple scientists working at their computers. Mewtwo walked past them and knelt beside Jen.

        “Oi! What are you doing? And where is Giovanni?”

        Mewtwo wasn’t paying attention to them. He was staring at the blood that dried around her nose. “What happened to her? What did you do to her?” Mewtwo’s voice sounded calm, but the scientists could easily hear the anger in his voice.

        “Nothing. She said the device was hurting her earlier, but stopped and went to sleep. We’ve been keeping an eye on her brainwaves and heart rate ever since to make sure that she’s okay.” Weston explained shakily.

        Mewtwo glared at the scientists. “Turn the machine off.”

        “We can’t. Giovanni--”

        “She will die if you don’t shut it off!”

        The scientists backed away, completely terrified of the aggravated Legendry. They looked at each other for help, but they each received the same stare from one another.

        Mewtwo slowly stood up. “Turn the damn machine off!”

        “We can’t. It needs a set of passcodes to shut it off, and the only person who knows them is Colress.”

        “Then go get Colress.” Mewtwo hissed angrily. “All of you go and get him!”

        “But--”

        “If she dies, I swear I will make your deaths so much more painful.”

        Almost all of the scientists ran from the lab to go find Colress. The only one who stayed was Weston.

        “Why must we get Colress now? Mewthree will be fine. We have her monitored just in case something happens. If her brainwaves spike again then--”

        “Spike again? What happened?”

        “Nothing.” The voice came from behind Mewtwo.

        Mewtwo turned to face Jen. She was staring up at him with white eyes. “Jen--”

        “Why do you even care? You’ve become Giovanni’s puppet. You…you don’t care.” Jen said. She was trying to stay firm, but her voice was cracking. “Just leave me alone.”

        Mewtwo hesitated before turning back to Weston. “Leave. I want to speak to Jen alone.”

        “No. Someone must keep an eye on Mewthree.” Weston said boldly.

        “I will be watching her. Now leave.” Mewtwo growled.

        Weston flinched and hesitated for a moment before leaving the lab. He knew that he would be punished for leaving Mewthree later, but his fear of Mewtwo encouraged him to leave the lab.

        Mewtwo knelt back down to face Jen. “Before you say anything, Jen, and don’t interrupt,” He said quickly when he noticed Jen was about to speak, “I am awake. I am no longer under the machine’s control.”