The Gathering

The three Guardians reunited on top of Rayquaza’s Sky Pillar and waited for the Legendary Sky Dragon to arrive. Rayquaza, however, was not the only one they were waiting on. All of the other Legendries were sent a telepathic message from Arceus himself to meet at the Sky Pillar.

        “What have we accomplished while separated?” Mesprit asked her brothers.

        “The Chosen One, Ash, is looking into the mysterious blackout as we speak.” Azelf stated.

        “But since Arceus has called us together, we may no longer require his help.” Uxie pointed out.

        “He could still aid us if need be.” Azelf muttered.

        “And what about you, Uxie?” Mesprit asked.

        “I could find neither of the two. Though, they should both show at the Gathering.”

        Azelf and Mesprit nodded in agreement. Only a few Legendries had an exception to not attend, and that was only because they could not travel to the Sky Pillar.

        Rayquaza soared out of the clouds, followed Meloetta and Deoxys. The three Legendries landed next to the Guardians.

        “I’m still against having the Gathering here.” Rayquaza muttered. He was very territorial when it came to his home.

        “This should not last long.” Deoxys said in an almost robotic voice.

        “And it’s not like we are going to stay for very long afterwards. We have our own regions to return to.” Meloetta sang.

        This seemed to calm Rayquaza, but only for a moment as more Legendries began to appear. The Kami Trio (Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus) arrived together along with Celebi and Shaymin. Three large rifts opened above the Sky Pillar as Dialga emerged from a blue rift, Palkia emerged from a pink rift, and Giratina and Arceus emerged from a green rift.

        “How many more must come?” Rayquaza complained as the three Winged Mirages (Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres) and the Tower Duo (Lugia and Ho-Oh) landed on his pillar.

        “Umm…there are still many more that are supposed to come.” Mesprit answered.

        Rayquaza groaned pitifully.

        It took about an hour before the rest of the Legendries arrived, with the exception of a few who did not posses the ability or means of reaching Rayquaza’s Sky Pillar. The only Pokemon who did not show up, and were not counted as exceptions were Mew and Mewtwo.

        “Where could they be?” Azelf wondered aloud.

        “Mewtwo doesn’t usually like to attend gatherings like this, but I am surprised that Mew is not here.” Uxie stated.

        “Suicune is here and he didn’t have to come.” Mesprit pointed out as they caught sight of one of the three Legendary Beasts. “How did he even get up the Sky Pillar?”

        “The Gathering shall now begin.” Arceus said aloud in a booming voice. “You were all brought together to discuss the event that occurred earlier in Kanto.”

        The Legendries remained silent as he continued.

        “The power used to plunge Kanto into temporary darkness could have only come from one of us. Not from any of the humans or their corrupted groups, though they could have played some part in this. We need to figure out who did this and what their intensions of doing so were.”

        Each Legendary looked around the Sky Pillar, voicelessly asking one another if they were the one responsible or if they knew who was behind it all. After a moment of this, Arceus spoke up again.

        “If it is not one of us here, then it is one who is not among us at this moment.” He scanned the crowd of Legendries, taking note of who was missing. “Jirachi…sleeping. The Swords of Justice…cannot swim or fly. Heatran…same thing, plus being so close to water would be a risk to his life. One of the three Beasts is here…good enough. The Gigas Golems…had other matters to attend to. The Mews…missing.

        “Where are the Mews?” He asked aloud.

        He was answered by silence.

        “Does no one know where they could be?”

        Celebi drifted forward. “Mewtwo is probably in his cave. Everyone knows he is a very isolated Legendary. Mew, on the other hand, has not been seen for quite some time.”

        The others nodded in agreement.

        Arceus sighed. “I want all of you to return to your regions and find those who did not attend. Question them and bring them back here. I especially want to hear from the Mews.”

        “Here?” Rayquaza complained.

        “Rayquaza…chill.” Arceus snipped. Rayquaza looked down as Arceus continued. “I fear one of them could be responsible, and if such power is continued to be unleashed with such careless behavior, then it could lead to the end of many.” He looked upon the faces of all the Legendries as he spoke. Each had a look of determination and concern written in their expressions. “This Gathering has come to a close. Go now.”

        The Legendries quickly dispersed back to their own regions in search of those absent.