Sky Pillar

Jen’s rescuer lifted her out of the water and hoisted her onto its unseen back. Jen tried to say something, but her mind and body felt groggy.

        The being that rescued her immediately took off along the waves. The ride was so smooth that Jen, in her semi-conscious state, couldn’t tell if they were running or flying.

        “Where…” Was all she could muster.

        The being didn’t respond.

        She tried to lift her head, but it felt like it weighed a ton. “At least it stopped storming.” She thought to herself.

        The being moved faster once they passed the bridge that connected Route 18 and 17. Jen’s heartbeat raced as the sudden realization dawned on her. The being was taking her out of Kanto. It wasn’t rescuing her, it was kidnapping her!

        “N-No…take me…b-back!” She cried.

        The being quickened its pace across the sea, and slowly rose into the air.

        “This was the thing that my Pokemon and I sensed back near the truck. It was spying on Mew and my Pokemon, by why kidnap me?” She wondered.

        Jen managed to move her head enough to see that they were heading towards a large pillar that was set in the middle of the sea. She tried to look up at the top of the pillar, but it was hidden within the clouds.

        “Déjà vu?”

        The being soared through the clouds and gently rolled her off its back before becoming visible. Jen’s eyes widened as the red and white Legendary, Latias, studied her with eyes full of curiosity.

        “You appear to be alright. The ride over here wasn’t bad was it?” Latias asked.

        Jen just stared at her, mouth completely agape.

        “Eh, righty then…we shall just wait for the others.” Latias said cheerfully.

        Jen slowly lifted her Pokedex and scanned the Legendary for an Entry.

        “Ooh! Can I listen in?” Latias asked as she hovered Jen’s Pokedex.

        Latias: Latias is a highly intelligent Pokemon and is capable of understanding human speech. It can enfold its body in a glass-like down, allowing it to refract light to alter its appearance and become invisible.

        “Cool!” Latias giggled. She glanced down at Jen’s Pokeballs. “What Pokemon do you have? Send them out, silly! They’re probably cooped up in their Pokeballs.”

        Jen lowered her Pokedex and summoned her Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Gastly and Vulpix blinked when they saw Latias.

        “How did we wind up here?” Vulpix asked.

        “We really need to stop missing all of these exciting things.” Gastly muttered. “No more Pokeballs. From now on, we will always be by our master’s side, experiencing everything with her.”

        “I couldn’t agree more.”

        Jen smiled and put their Pokeballs away. She glanced up at Latias who was staring back at her. A confused and bewildered look was upon the Legendry’s face.

        “It’s as if you can understand me…” Latias said slowly.

        “Why did you bring us here?” Jen asked.