Hero of the Year Tournament

The next day everyone followed Mew and Red into Rota with Jen, Vulpix, and Red riding on Charizard’s back. Red patted Charizard’s neck once they reached the Pokemon Center, signaling him to land.

        “Why are we stopping here?” Jen asked as they landed in front of the Center. “And why is everyone dressed as if they were from the medieval ages?”

        Red smirked and climbed off Charizard’s back. “The last time I was here, I watched my brother win Hero of the Year. I wanted to compete for the title, but I figured Ash would want the title more.”

        “You would have demolished him in battle, wouldn’t you?”

        “I’ve had more time to train my team while Ash was in his coma. Plus, my next stop was Lavender Town, and if we met up…I don’t think I would have had the heart to battle BuriedAlive. Either that or Ash would have wanted to follow me to the Tower.”

        “And he would have died too. I wonder how he and Misty are doing right now.”

        Red shrugged. “Do you want to wash up?”

        “Why? Do I look that bad?”

        Red silently snickered. “No. I just thought you might want to.”

        Jen casually glanced up at the sky, searching for the Mews, but they were gone. “They’re either invisible or Mew managed to drag Mewtwo to some toy store. Poor Mewtwo.” She giggled to herself. “Alright. Go wash the smell of death off of you and I’ll meet you back here in a few minutes.”

        Red frowned and smelled himself. “I smell like death?

        He followed Jen inside and into the boys’ shower room, while Jen went to the girls’ shower room.

        Jen quickly unchanged and hopped into the shower. She grabbed the shampoo and conditioner and lathered her knotted hair with the shower toiletries. She shut her eyes and rested her head under the warm water, slowly letting the water rinse all the dirt and suds off of her.

        Once she was sure her hair was completely washed, she reached for the soap and began scrubbing her body, but stopped when she saw black and blue bruises on her abdomen. “Yikes. It hurt when Team Rocket attacked me, but I didn’t think the bruises were that bad.”

        She quickly finished her shower and got changed back into her clothes. She walked past her Pokemon and to the front desk.

        “Master?” Gastly asked as he and Vulpix followed Jen.

        “Hello, how may I help you?” Nurse Joy asked.

        “Do you have any gauzes?” Jen asked quietly so only Joy could hear.

        “Yes, I’ll bring some out for you right now.” She disappeared for a moment before quickly returning with a wrap of medical tape and a roll of gauzes. “Hopes it helps.”

        Gastly and Vulpix looked at Jen suspiciously.

        “What?” Jen asked as she slipped the medical supplies in her hoodie pocket.

        Gastly was about to question her, but stopped when Red entered the lobby.

        “Are you ready?” He asked.

        “Where are we going now?”

        Red didn’t answer as he led her by the hand into another store. The store clerk looked at them and gave them a friendly smile. “If you two are looking to rent some costumes, they’re all upstairs.”

What Am I?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें