KABOOM!!

Jen immediately went lightheaded as she registered what Surge had said. She had to warn the other passengers, but she was frozen.

        “Hey! You there!” Surge screamed.

        Jen glanced down from the ship at Surge. “Y-Yeah?”

        “Find the captain and warn everyone else. They have to get off before Team Rocket sets off their bomb!”

        Jen nodded and took off down the deck. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone, quickly dialing Ash’s number. The dial tone rang only twice before Ash picked up.

        “Hello? Jen, where are you?” Ash asked.

        “I’m on the S.S. Anne. Are you and Misty onboard?” Jen asked quickly.

        “Yeah. We’re at the front of the ship. Do you want us to--”

        “Lt. Surge said that there is a bomb on the ship. Team Rocket has it set up somewhere, and I need your help finding it.”

        Ash was silent for a moment as he took in what Jen had explained to him.

        “What did she say, Ash?” Misty asked.

        Ash quickly explained to her before putting the phone back to his ear. “Did he say where? Is Surge with you?”

        “He doesn’t know, and…he’s back at the docks.”

        Ash groaned on the other end. “Alright. Tell everyone you pass to get to the lifeboats. Misty will join you shortly, and once you get everyone off, I want both of you to jump ship. Got it?”

        “And what about you?” Jen asked.

        “Pikachu and I will look for this bomb.”

        “Are you crazy?!” Jen cried. She could hear Misty asking Ash the same thing on the other end of the phone.

        “I’m being serious here. If we can’t find the bomb in time, I’m going to count on you and Misty to get as many people off of the ship as possible.”

        “And what if you’re still trapped on the ship when the bomb goes off?” Misty asked. There was a mix of anger and worry in her tone.

        “Don’t worry, Misty. Pikachu and I have been through much worse. If the bomb explodes, we’ll find a way to escape.” Ash said with confidence.         “We’ll meet you at the front of the ship, Jen.”

        “You’re insane, Ash.” Jen muttered as she hung up.

        She ran a little faster down the deck to the front of the ship. Many trainers tried to stop her to challenge her in a Pokemon battle, but she refused.

        “You have to get off of the ship. There is a bomb on the ship!” She cried.

        Many of the tourists and trainers stared at her, both bewildered and horrified with the news she delivered. However, none of them stuck around to find out if her words were true or not. All the trainers and tourists, with their Pokemon close at their sides, made their way to the lifeboats.

        “Jen!”

        Jen spun around and saw Misty waving at her. She swiftly made her way over to the gym leader and glanced around for Ash. “Where is my cousin?”