Separated (Part 1)

Following Red

        Red had jumped through the rift with his Pokemon, but the second he passed through, he found himself falling into saltwater. He gasped as the waves dragged him under, causing him to suck in a lungful of water.

        “AHGAWDBLAHBLUB!” He cried as he thrashed about in the water.

        A large shadow passed over him and lifted him out of the water before he could sink any lower. Red went limp as he was placed on the shore.

        He groggily looked up at his rescuer to see Reshiram. She was staring at him with concern in her eyes. Red tried to lift his hand to wave at her, but wound up having to turn over on his side and cough up the saltwater that he had swallowed.

        Reshiram hovered over him as he sat up and wiped the remaining saltwater from his mouth.

        “Thank you.” He signed.

        Reshiram cocked her head to the side. She didn’t know who to read sign.

        “You wouldn’t be telepathic by chance, would you?” Red both thought and signed.

        Reshiram blinked.

        “I’ll take that as a no.” He sighed as he climbed to his feet. He thought for a moment about how he and the Legendary could communicate with each other. “I got it! I’ll have the others translate for me.” He thought as he reached for his Pokeballs.

        He threw them up into the air, but each one landed on the ground without opening. They were all empty. Red stared at them in horror. “Arceus split them up too?!

        Reshiram nudged him gently in the back, seemingly say, “I’m sorry. I understand. Do not worry. We will find them.”

        Red nodded slowly and picked up the empty Pokeballs. He still needed to find a way to communicate with Reshiram. “When I taught my Pokemon sign, it took at least a minimum of a month and a half or so for them to learn. I don’t think I’ll have that long to teach Reshiram.

        He scanned the shore line to see if there were any signs telling him where they were, but the beach was completely cleared. It didn’t even look like they were near any civilization either, which was bittersweet. Red looked up at Reshiram, who was still watching him, and pointed to the sky.

        She looked up and then back down at Red. She bowed her head, showing that she understood, and lowered herself enough for Red to climb on her back.

        Red smiled and climbed up. “Never before did I ever think I might be riding a dragon type, especially a Legendary dragon type.” Red laughed as Reshiram quickly took to the sky. Red had to hold his hat down as they flew higher and faster. “Mew. Mewtwo. Jen. Where are you guys? I’m with Reshiram. Are any of you guys paired with any of my Pokemon? Arceus sent all of my Pokemon away. Reshiram and I are heading over to Altomare right now.

        He waited a few minutes for a response as Reshiram soared over the sea. They needed to find out where in the world they were.

Guys…where are you?

Following Vulpix

        The little fox Pokemon had hopped through the rift only to appear somewhere on the side of a mountain. She sat down near the edge of the mountain and gazed out at the vast desert far below.