Ice, Ice Baby!

It didn’t take Jen’s group much longer to find the exit to Mt. Moon thanks to Gastly. Peddling as fast as her bike could take her, Jen and her Pokemon arrived at Cerulean City.

        “Phew…let’s go to the Center and heal you guys, then hit the gym.” She said huffing and puffing a little. “The sun is setting and I want to be able to leave as soon as possible.” She thought as she watched the sun setting in the horizon.

        Gastly and Vulpix looked at each other and shook their heads in disagreement.

        “Why not? Vulpix, you’re still paralyzed, and Gastly, you took quite a beating back at Mt. Moon.” Jen exclaimed.

        “I feel fine, master. I can keep fighting. What about you, Vulpix?”

        “I’m good. I’ll just keep using ember during battle.”

        Jen pouted for a moment before remember Ash’s gifts. She quickly rummaged through her bag and pulled out a paralyze heal and a couple potions and berries. She used the heal on Vulpix and potions on both of her Pokemon, but when she tried to feed them, they turned away.

“What’s wrong now?”

        “We’re not eating anything until you eat.” Vulpix replied, looking at Jen’s bag and then at Jen.

        Slightly irked and amused by her Pokémons’ stubbornness and thoughtfulness she decided to play ignorant trainer. “Do you want PokeChow or poffins instead?”

        Vulpix stared at her with unblinking eyes.

        “We can go by the store real quick to see if—Umph!”

        Vulpix had leapt from her basket and tackled Jen to the ground. “Eat first, then we’ll eat. Deal?”

        “You were being serious when you said that you would continue to do that, huh?” Gastly chuckled.

        “Hopefully master will catch on quickly.” Vulpix said as she walked on Jen’s stomach towards her bag. She grabbed another bagged sandwich and dropped in onto Jen’s face.

        “Vulpix.” Gastly scolded, with a hint of humor in his tone.

        “Vulpix, thanks, but I’m not hungry.” Jen said as she tried to sit up, but Vulpix would not budge from her spot on Jen. “Vulpix, come on. I’ll eat later. I promise.” Vulpix’s eyes narrowed. “After the gym battle I’ll eat, but you guys have to eat too.”

        “Let her up, Vulpix. She promised.”

        Vulpix hesitated before jumping off of Jen.

        “To the gym then?”

        Jen just about walked out of the gym when she first saw the inside of it. For a moment she thought she had accidentally walked into a human gym due to the large swimming pool in the center.

        “Cool gym.” She said aloud as she took in the site.

        “Glad you like it.” An orange-headed girl said as she walked up to Jen. She was dressed in a white and blue swimsuit with three Pokeballs attached to her water belt. “Are you looking to battle the gym leader?”

        Jen nodded eagerly.

        The girl chose one of her Pokeballs and grinned. “Then allow me to welcome you to my gym. I am Misty, the Cerulean gym leader, and I accept your challenge. Lets begin, Staryu, go!”