We Owe Her!

Mew and Mewtwo burst from their Pokeballs, and immediately turned invisible before turning towards Jen.

        “How dare you try to capture us with our guards down.” He growled as he began making his way towards the fallen Jen.

        “Mewtwo, wait! Look!” Mew cried, pulling on his arm to stop him.

        A group of three Rocket grunts ran over to Jen and pinned her under their boot. The grunts said something to Jen, but she replied with a sarcastic remark and laughed.

        Due to the cover of the night and the trees blocking some of their view, the Mews couldn’t see how badly Jen was being hurt. The Mews continued to watch out of curiosity as the grunts questioned and searched Jen.

        “Don’t care. Do whatever you want with her.” The male grunt snickered as he walked back to his truck.

        “Mewtwo?” Mew said slowly. She could feel the fear growing in Jen as the Luxray approached her with a sneer grin on its face. Mewtwo could sense her fear too.

        Luxray illuminated the forest as electricity flew from its body. The Mews’ eyes widened as Luxray struck Jen with the powerful bolts of energy. Her screams rang throughout the forest in a near deafening tone.

        The forest went dark again, but not for very long. Luxray’s body glowed yellow again as it electrocuted Jen once again.

        “This has to stop! We must do something, Mewtwo. Mewtwo?”

        Mew glanced around and saw that Mewtwo was already closing in on Jen and Team Rocket. “STOP! She’s dead!” He roared, eyes glowing purple and blue as he embedded the thought into all of their minds. “Leave her.

        Luxray stopped and Jen collapsed into a heap at the base of the tree.

        “Good boy, Luxray. Come on, Lacy. We’ll let whatever hungry Pokemon dispose of her body.” Clara snuffed as she summoned Luxray back into its Pokeball.

        Lacy snickered as they too headed back to the truck and disappeared back towards the path.

        Mewtwo slowly looked down at Jen, while Mew rushed over to her side and checked for her breathing.

        “Her breaths are very shallow, but she’s still alive.” Mew said.        

        Mewtwo didn’t respond.

        “She saved us from Team Rocket, Mewtwo. We owe her.”

        “Fine…we’ll take her to one of the human cities.”

        Mew giggled. “We? She needs her Pokemon back. I’ll go look for them, while you stay with her. Got it?”

        “W-What? Why me?” Mewtwo stuttered.

        “Because, I said so.”

        Mewtwo frowned. “That’s the best reason you could come up with? I saw her Pokemon last, a Gastly and a Vulpix, meaning I should be the one to go find them.”

        “Can you morph into different Pokemon?”

        “What does-”

        “Can you?” Mew pressed.

        “No, but I still don’t see how-”

        “SILENCE!” Mew cried, raising a pink paw to Mewtwo. The sight was almost comical. “It is decided. I shall go and you shall take care of her…Bye!” Mew said with a childish smile.