Carnivale de Altomare

Within Latias’s Garden the next morning

        Jen woke up to someone lightly stroking her arm. It took her a moment to realize that it was Mewtwo tracing the scars on her arm. She kept her eyes shut and pretended to still be asleep. He was warm and she felt very comfortable cradled in his arms.

        Mewtwo suddenly stopped stroking her arm. Jen could feel him looking up at someone, but she couldn’t hear any footsteps.

        She slowly opened her eyes and rolled her head over to see who Mewtwo was staring at, and just about flipped out.

        “Good morning, dear child.” Arceus said kindly. He was hovering over the pond with his head leaned down to their level. “Forgive me for waking you, but I sensed your arrival. I wanted to apologize for not being more careful when sending you all to different regions. I did not know that you would be sent to the Distortion World. Giratina told me that she found you and returned you to this dimension. Are you alright?”

        Mewtwo glared at Arceus.

        “Y-Yeah. I’m fine.” She replied quickly, making sure not to look directly at Arceus. No matter how hard she tried, she could not get over her fear of Arceus.

        Mewtwo pulled her closer. “Do you find it amusing to scare her? She’s been through a lot lately so I advise you to leave her alone.

        “I scare her?” Arceus asked. There was sincere shock in his voice as he backed away, hoping to look less intimidating. “I did not know.

        “Is checking on Jen your only reason for being here, Arceus?” Mewtwo asked.

        “More or less…” Arceus replied as his gaze drifted towards Jen’s arm. “What happened to your arm?” He asked in an alarmed tone.

        Jen glanced at the white scars and grimaced. “I-It’s nothing. We took care of it.” She placed a hand over her arm, hoping to hide them.

        Arceus continued to examine her arm out of an almost paternal concern. “Alright, dear child.” He sighed and looked around the garden. “Where are the others? I wish to speak to them as well.”

        “They are still asleep.” Mewtwo replied.

        Jen looked around and noticed that it was still night…or very early in the morning. “Have you been up all this time?” She whispered to Mewtwo.

        He didn’t respond.

        “Will you still be training your…are you still calling her your student or something else?” Arceus asked mischievously. Jen had to look down to hide her blush and keep from laughing, while Mewtwo scowled at Arceus. Arceus chuckled at their reaction. “Do you have a good control of your abilities, Jen?”

        “She still has much to learn.” Mewtwo replied quickly.

        “Very well.” Arceus nodded. It was obvious that he was having fun teasing the hell out of Mewtwo and Jen…especially Mewtwo. “Rest well. I shall see you both when you wake.”

        With that said, Arceus drifted off into the trees, allowing Jen and Mewtwo to rest. Once they were sure Arceus was completely gone, Mewtwo laid back against the tree and relaxed. There was a moment of silence before Jen finally spoke.

        “You never did tell me if you managed to fall asleep yet.”

        Mewtwo looked at her from out of the corner of his eye and smirked.