Mom, Rockets, and Memories. UGH!

Jen and Red walked into the Pokemon Center the next day with their Pokemon in tow.

        “You think this will work?” Jen asked.

        “Only one way to find out, Jen.

        Jen glanced at her Pokemon. “You guys remember what to do?”

        They both nodded.

        “Excuse me, Nurse Joy? I don’t think my Pokemon are feeling so good.” Jen said sheepishly. She held up Vulpix, who groaned weakly at Joy.

        “Aw, poor thing. Don’t worry. I’ll take good care of her. Wait right here.” Joy said as she took Vulpix from Jen and walked into the back.

        Without hesitation, Jen and Red hopped over the counter and walked over to the Pokeball machine.

        “Do you know how to work the…what’s this thing called again?” Jen asked as she and Red stared at the machine. Everyone had seen Joy use it countless times to heal his or her Pokemon, but hardly anyone knew what it was called.

        Red shrugged and helped her onto the machine.

        “I don’t see anything wrong with your Vulpix.” Joy stated, coming back to the lobby.

        “Haunter, stall please.” Jen thought quickly.

        Haunter nodded and flew into the back screaming, “I regret nothing!”

        The sound of crashing and Joy screaming could be heard from the back. Red rapidly pressed a few buttons, and the machine began to hum. Jen felt better almost instantly. She looked at her hands and smiled. Her scars were faded and the infection was gone. She peeked under her shirt and gauzes to see that the bruises were gone.

        “It worked!” Jen cried, showing Red her hands.

        The sound of footsteps could be heard heading back towards the lobby. Red and Jen hopped back over the counter as Nurse Joy reappeared. She was carrying Vulpix in her arms with Haunter following close behind her. He was covered in spilled medical supplies.

        “Your Vulpix appears to be fine. She stopped groaning when your Haunter came flying into the back. It gave me quite a scare when it crashed into the supply shelves.” Joy said with a chuckle as she handed Vulpix back to Jen. “But both of your Pokemon are fine.”

        “Sorry about that, Nurse Joy, and thank you for your help.” Jen said as she and Red left the Center.

        “So now we know that the machine can also heal you too. I wonder what would happen if one of us were to put you--

        “Don’t even finish that thought, Red. I am not being put in a Pokeball.”

        Red snickered silently. “But don’t you want to know what the inside of one looks like?” He asked teasingly.

        Jen glowered at him. “No.” She replied drily.

        Red nodded and didn’t press her any farther on the subject. They explored the town for a little while before Red stopped and pointed at something down the street. “Do you know him?

        Jen followed his gaze and spotted Kenji waving at them. Jen smiled and waved back.

        Kenji walked over to them, grinning. “Morning, Jen. Who is this?”