The Garden

Mewtwo ran through Altomare as Kenji, searching for a Pokemon Center. People quickly moved out of his way when they saw Jen cradled limply in his arms, while others took out their phones and started calling for help.

        “Is she alright?” Some called after him.

        “Do you want us to call for help?” Other asked.

        Mewtwo ignored them as he spotted a Pokemon Center. He bolted for the door and rushed Jen to the counter.

        “Hello!” Nurse Joy chirped happily. “How may I--oh my God! What happened to her? She needs imm--”

        “Joy, hush!” Mewtwo barked.

        Joy’s eyes glazed over as she and all of the customers in the Center fell into a frozen trance.

        Mewtwo ran around the counter and placed Jen on top of it. He pressed a couple buttons on the machine, and it slowly began to hum as it healed Jen. He watched on in anxiousness and curiosity as Jen’s wounds sealed and formed white scars.

        The machine finally grew silent. Mewtwo edged closer to Jen, who was still lying on the machine. She was still pretty pale.

        Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she looked over at him. “Hi.” She said sluggishly.

        Mewtwo sighed with relief and picked her up into a tight hug. “Don’t scare me like that ever again, Jen. You could have died.”

        Jen grimaced. “Sorry.” She glanced over his shoulder at Joy, who stood motionlessly behind them. “What’s wrong with Joy?”

        “Nothing. I didn’t want her or any of the others to see the machine healing you.”

        “Ah! They would find it weird that you were using the machine to heal me.” Jen said, understandingly. “How many people tried to point you towards the hospital?”

        Mewtwo didn’t answer. He was staring at her arm. “What happened to you? Who or what did that to you?” He asked, pointing to the scars on her arm.

        “Don’t worry about what happened. I’m fine now. I’m with you.” She said calmly as she tried to pull her torn sleeve over the scars. “I…I just don’t want to talk about it.”

        “Jen--” Mewtwo began. There was concern in his voice.

        “I promise I’ll tell you later. Okay?”

        He stared at her for a moment. “You do know that I won’t stop worrying until you tell me, right?”

        Jen smiled weakly at him and kissed him lightly on the lips. “Thank you.”

        He nodded and carried her around to the front of the Center.

        “You can put me down, Mewtwo.” Jen said sheepishly. “I’m sure I can walk on my own. I don’t feel faint anymore.”

        “Are you sure?” He asked in a half-teasing tone.

        “Yes, I’m sure.” She said, giggling.

        He let her down, but kept an arm around her waist just in case. They walked out of the Center together just as Joy and the others snapped out of their trance.

        “We were really worried about you.” Mewtwo said after a while.