Chapter 3

I knew how much being "the new kid" sucked so I didn't fancy going through that again, but obviously, I didn't have much of a choice.
I grabbed my old backpack and hurried downstairs.
"Are you ready?" Jackson asked as he grabbed his own backpack.
"Yeah."
I followed them to Jackson's car and got into the back. On the way I texted Marcus, one of my close friends who also happened to be my social worker, to keep him updated as I had promised to.

When we arrived at the school my puls went crazy; I hadn't even realized how nervous I was about this.
"Hey, you okay?" Tyler asked as we got out. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little bit nervous."
"Don't worry. You're a Blake. Just by that, you practically rule this school." He laughed. It was meant as a joke of course but I knew there was some truth to that. I had stalked them a little on social media. My brothers were total jocks, always had been and they weren't exactly ugly either, so it hadn't surprised me when I realized they were quite popular.

As we walked to the entrance I could feel everyone looking at me.
Actually, starring. Like I was an intruder. Someone who didn't belong here. And I wouldn't necessarily disagree.
"Jo, Blake." Some guy came over and greeted Jackson with a handshake.
"Who's that chick?" The other guy asked and let his eyes trail my body.
"Don't even think about it. No one lays a hand on my sister," Jackson growled.
"You know what they say about forbidden fruit." He grinned at me which made me roll my eyes.
"Get anywhere near her and I'll kill you."
"Calm down, Satan," I joked but Jackson didn't seem to find it very funny and I immediately regretted saying anything.
After the two guys, more boys and a few girls came to talk to my brothers.
"I gotta go, see you later?" I was heading to the entrance but got pulled back by someone.
"Wait. I'm coming with you."

The chapters are very short at the beginning but they get longer don't worry.