Chapter 53

I waltzed around in my bed that night, no matter what I did, I couldn't fall asleep. Suddenly, I heard footsteps echoing down the corridor.
I opened my bedroom door, as silently as possible, and snuck out of my room. I saw Tyler carefully shutting the garage door when I took the first step of the stairs. Quickly, I sprinted down the rest of the stairs and to the door. But I couldn't risk going in or they would see me. Jackson would just tell me off and send me back to bed. What the hell were they doing in the middle of the night? If they would've wanted to go to a party they wouldn't have snuck out. There was something else going on and I knew it.

With a great thump, the door sprung open and hit me in the skull as I stumbled back. "Ouch!", I groaned and glared at Liam who had come rushing inside. "Oh shit, sorry.", he grabbed my arm to help me stabilize and stand upright again. "What the hell are you doing here, it's the middle of the night!?", he hissed and closed the door behind him. " I could ask you the same.", I raised an eyebrow.
"It's none of your business. Go back to bed, or I'll drag you back upstairs myself."
I knew better than to underestimate him, he would probably carry me upstairs if I didn't go by myself. "This is not over." "Yes, it is. Now go.", he watched me climb the stairs until he couldn't see me anymore and a few seconds later I heard the garage door open and close again.
Something was going on,
I could feel it in my stomach.
And I was gonna find out what it was.

"Morning," I greeted them as I sat down at the breakfast table.
"Morning," they chorused in a zombie-like fashion.
"Tired?" I asked innocently.
"Fuck off." Liam drowned a big cup of coffee and bit into his sandwich.
"Sooo, what were you doing last night?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Mind your own fuckin' business."
"Ohh so you do know what that means, huh?"
"God, I'm gonna murder someone," Jackson mumbled and gulped down more coffee.
"Is that what you were doing last night?" I rubbed my chin as If I was thinking really hard "Well, I can recount you makin' about three death threats a week in the last month so that would take a lot more than one night. Going out tonight again, are we?"
"How about I murder you instead?" He smiled bitterly cold.
"Please, go ahead." I gave him a petty smile.

I slammed my locker shut for the third time now and it sprung open once again, sending all my books crashing to the floor.
"Hey, lemme help you." Liam rushed to my side to help me pick up my stuff.
"I got it," I mumbled and grabbed my
books from him.
„You okay?" Liam squeezed my shoulder.
„Awesome."
„You ever answer a question without sarcasm?"
„If I think the person deserves such an answer, yes."
„Are you really gonna be like this forever? Don't you want us to at least get along?"
I scoffed.
„I'm not doing this."
„Do what? Talk?" He grit his teeth.
„I've talked to you about this a hundred times but you never listened even once. So yeah, I'm done talking."
I finally managed to close my locker and walked away.
It's short I knoww!!! I'm sorry, it's boring but it's all I got right now.