Chapter 5

"What do you mean?"
"They're just bullies. I don't wanna trash talk, really. But they're just always acting like they rule this school. I mean everyone is acting like they do, so it's no surprise they're so full of themselves," She scoffed.
I frowned at her choice of words,
rule this school that was exactly what Tyler had said to me that morning.
"Josie, Kenna? Is there something you want to share with the class?" Mrs. Rodds raised her eyebrow.
"No. Sorry, Miss," Josie answered and hid a little smirk.
"Well, then let's continue."

Lunchtime; The hardest part of the first day as the new kid.
I stood in the middle of the cafeteria with a tablet full of food in my hands and scanned the room for anyone I knew but I couldn't spot anyone. So I just stood there like a big loser and tried to figure out where I should sit.
I must have looked really weird, standing there for two minutes straight, just looking around.
"Hey, Beautiful."
I turned around and looked at the guy who had helped me find my classroom that morning.
"Amazing... It only takes you two words to make me not like you," I rolled my eyes and bitterly smiled at him.
"If you get to know me better, I promise you'll love me." He smirked.
"I doubt it."
"Oh, you'll see," He took a step closer to me and flashed me a cheeky smile "What's your name?"
"Stop talking to my sister, Hunter," I suddenly felt Liams hand on my shoulder.
"Oh yeah? And why would I do that?"
"Because I said so. Now back off," He pushed himself between "Hunter" and me.
"I don't think so."
"Leave. Before I kick your ass."
"You really think you could beat me, Blake? He snorted. Hunter wasn't that much taller than Liam but he seemed older and he was more muscular.
Liam didn't seem to care.
"Leave," He demanded again.

"This is ridiculous," I scoffed.
A little crowd was already forming around the three of us.
"This is just great," I mumbled to myself and walked away "Just great."
"Kenna, wait," Liam came after me.
"It's my first day here and you're already starting drama about nothing. Just mind your own fucking business okay?"
"You're my sister Kenna. It's my job to look out for you."
"I'm 16. I can look out for myself. I've been doing it for the past 6 years," I turned around and left the Cafeteria.
My brothers had always been very protective of me and I had hoped that spending these past year apart would have solved that but apparently it didn't.

After spending my lunchtime alone, I returned to class, alone. Who would have thought School could get any more boring? My English teacher was an old woman who almost fell asleep while she was talking. And so did most of the class. I tried to listen to her but it just really wasn't worth the effort, most of the stuff she was talking I knew already anyway.

After school, I was waiting for my brothers by the car. But when they didn't show after ten minutes I decided to call Jackson, thinking that maybe something came up and they forgot to tell me.
"Hello?" He answered the phone.
"Hey. Uhm.. I'm in the parking lot, where are you guys?"
"Oh shit. I'm so sorry, I totally forgot. We have football practice after school. I'm gonna call someone to pick you up, okay?"
"It's fine. I'll just call an Uber."
"God no. You wait there. It will only take a few minutes. I'll see you at home okay?"
"Fine. Later." I hung up.
Well, I can't say it felt great that they just forgot I existed but who could blame them? I practically didn't, for the last few years, at least to them. I was kinda pissed but I didn't want to make a big deal out of this, so I just waited for the driver to pick me up.
But instead of going home, I decided I wanted to make a few stops before that...