Chapter 84

"Kenna? Were we supposed to meet today?" Nate pecked my cheek and let me inside.
"Uhm no, I was in the area," I lied and pulled him with me.
"Where are we going?" He let out a surprised laugh.
"Your bedroom," I smirked and opened the door.
I gently pushed him onto the mattress and straddled him.
"And what's this for?" He grinned.
"Do I need a reason?" I teased and pressed my lips against his.
"You should come over like this more often," He mumbled into the kiss.
His hands roamed over my body and soon found their way to my bottom.
I placed kisses along his jawline and his neck and lightly moved my hips against his.

This was the first time that I was the one pressing for more in a kiss and not the guy.
He turned us so that I was now laying on my back and he was hovering above me, which immediately made me feel trapped.
Before I knew it my shirt landed on the floor and Nate was taking off his.
He placed kisses over my collarbones and started lightly grinding against me.
I swallowed when I realized what was happening, this was what I had planned of course. But now that it was happening I realized I wasn't ready at all.

I trained my eyes on the ceiling and let him do what he was doing without really participating, which he didn't seem to mind.
I only moved when he started pulling down my skirt.
"Wait," I pushed his hand away.
"Did I do something wrong?" He frowned.
"No.. no it's not you. I just uhm I'm not ready for this." I reddened and fixed the position of my uniform skirt.
"Oh," He nodded "Oh."
"I've never had sex," I confirmed.
"That's okay. No big deal." He leaned over and softly kissed me.
"Sorry."
"It's fine," He chuckled "We'll get there."

We decided to watch a movie and forget about what had just happened.
I felt bad for leading him on and then pushing him off but I didn't want my first time to be because of me being upset about another guy.

I was nervous for Jackson to pick me up but I figured if he had gotten wind of me talking to Kyle he would've come sooner.
And I was right, if he did know anything he didn't mention it.
I got a little lecture about leaving without telling anyone but he was pretty calm so I got lucky.

For the next two weeks, every day played out pretty much the same.
I went to school, watched Kyle walk around with a new girl under his arm every day, went home, and did school work, and then hung out with either Katie and Eric or Nate.

Nate and I were going out officially now, which felt kind of weird, we had been close friends for a while now, and switching from that to a relationship felt less significant than it should.
We basically did the same things we did before, the only difference was that we were making out now. We got to the point we got to that night a few times but he wasn't as patient and understanding as he was the first time I pushed him off anymore.

The routine we had all settled in so nicely was driving me crazy. Every day was the same, nothing was happening and I had this gut feeling that something terrible was about to happen.

"You're just being superstitious," Katie assured me "You're not used to things going well, Kenz. Nothing bad is going to happen."
I shrugged.
"Good things don't last."
"Aren't you a cute emo?" She rolled her eyes "C'mon everything is going so well right now! Look at you! You're in a healthy relationship with a nice guy who gets along with your friends and family. You get along with your brothers. How much better could it get?"
"I'm sorry. I know, I'm being stupid. It just all feels wrong," I closed my locker.
"What does? Nate?" She raised her eyebrow.
I shoved the books in my backpack and stayed quiet.
"Do you wanna break up with him?" She frowned.
"No, no. Of course not. Nate's been nothing but nice."
"Then what is it?"
"I don't know, okay?" I sighed "I'm just being stupid."
"It's not stupid if it bothers you," She chewed on her tongue.
I knew that look on her face.
"What?" I rolled my eyes "C'mon, spit it out."
"Maybe you feel this way because, you know, you're not used to things going well. Usually, something bad happens before you get to enjoy the good things. So you don't want to let yourself be happy in case you get disappointed again."
"Well aren't you a therapist," I teased, using her own words from before.
"Have you talked to-," Katie started talking but I didn't hear the rest as I watched Kyle walk past with Kira Martin, a huge hickey gracing his neck, which hadn't been there an hour ago when I last saw him.
I hadn't noticed I was glaring after them until Katie touched my arm and pulled me back to reality.
"Still?" She raised her eyebrow.
"What?" I frowned at her, even though I perfectly knew what she was referencing to.
"Either you guys make up or you get over each other, this feud is beyond annoying, even for me."
"What?" I shook my head "There's no feud. And I have moved on, I have a boyfriend. And Kyle has, well, he keeps busy."
"And that doesn't bother you at all?" She questioned, though her tone made it clear she already had an answer to that question.
"It doesn't," She rolled her eyes "I just think it's weird, the way he's been acting. Something must've happened for him to lash out like that."
Katie bit her lip.
"What?" I asked.
"Honestly, this is the Hunter I always knew," She shrugged "Maybe not as extreme when he was still friends with Jackson but this is how he's always been."
"Not with me," I suddenly felt very defensive.
"Of course not," She shrugged "He's in love with you."
"What?" I scoffed "Don't kid yourself."
"God, you're so stupid sometimes," She stared at me and shook her head "Dude, he's been in love with you for ages."

Oh look it's me updating again.
Do you think Nate is trustworthy?
Will Kenna and Kyle make up?
Is Kenna superstitious or will something bad happen soon?