Chapter 21

He looked us over sceptically. I was suddenly pretty aware of my plumbed red lips and Jasons messy hair. "What were you two up too?"
"Just talking.", I answered before Jason could say anything.
"You don't look like you just talked.", he looked me in the eyes meaningfully. If you have siblings you might understand what I'm about to say next. With that look, he told me that he knew and that he was gonna tell the others. And that he didn't approve but wasn't gonna say something, at least for now.
"C'mon.", he reached out and grabbed my hand to pull me away from Jason, I would have come with him anyways and was actually quite thankful to get away from him. I couldn't explain it but the way Jason had grabbed me had given me goosebumps. The bad kinda goosebumps.
"You alright?", Liam asked when he handed me a towel.
"Ye- yeah. Just cold.", I said but avoided eye contact. He tried to look me in the eyes but I looked the other way because I knew he would see that I was lying.
"Did he do something?", he asked, suddenly quite angered.
"No. No, not like that. I'm fine, I told you. I'm just cold.", I assured him and grabbed his arm just to be sure he wouldn't go over there. The others were coming out of the water too.
Liam didn't leave my side and kept throwing Jason angry glances.
"Stop that.",I hissed and slapped his arm when we were all sitting in the garden.
"What?", he hissed back.
"Stop staring at him. I already told you nothing happened."
"Yeah, I still don't believe you."
"Promise me, you won't do anything."
"Ohh no, I can't promise that."
"Liam, please."
"Tell me what happened and I might consider. Other wise I'll just assume the worst."
"And what is that?"
"That he forced himself on you."
I stayed silent for a moment, considering what he had said but Liam took that as a confession. He stood up quickly and I only barely managed to pull him back again.
"Liam stop. I already told you it's not like that."
"Then why did you hesitate?", he asked still raging.
"I- I don't know. I just thought about what you said. But it wasn't like that, he didn't force himself on me. It was just..", I thought about what had happened.
„What?"
„He was.. I don't know. I can't explain it."
"Is he a bad kisser?", he snickered.
"No, god no. I mean I don't think so. I haven't got much to compare him too."
"This was your first kiss?", he looked at me again and raised his brow.
"Kind of..", I blushed.
He snickered and hugged me from the side.
"Can you like not tell Jackson and Tyler about this?"
"Why?"
"Jackson's just gonna overreact and keep me from seeing him again."
"I mean that wouldn't be such a bad thing..", he said and looked down at me.
"It would. Please don't tell them."
"And what makes you think I won't keep you from seeing him again?"
"The fact that you're talking to me right now and not throwing him out?"
"Should've probably done that. Something about him seems wrong, I don't trust him. Especially around you."
„You don't know him."
„Neither do you."
„That's why I wanna see him again."
„You're my baby sister. I just don't want you to get hurt."
"I know, but this is something I need to decide, not you."
"I know."
"You're still gonna tell them aren't you?"
"We don't keep secrets from each other."
I looked down at my feet and thought about the kiss again. As if summoned Jason walked towards us and smiled at me.
"I'm leaving, I just wanted to say goodnight.", he leaned forward to kiss me but Liam put his arm in front of me like a barrier.
"Then say it buddy.", he pressed his teeth together.
"What, I can't kiss her now?", Jason challenged him.
"Jason let it go.", I said lowly but stayed seated.
"No you can't kiss her. Now leave this house before I kick you out.", Liam stood up, with his broad shoulders and muscular body he was pretty intimidating when he was angry. And he was seriously angry now.
"Liam, calm down. It's alright, I'll bring him to the door.", I offered and stood up.
"Like hell you are.", he hissed.
"What has gotten into you? C'mon Liam, sit down. You're overreacting."
"C'mon babe, let him cool down I wanna say goodnight properly.", he grabbed my hand and pulled me away with him before I could say anything.
"Your brother-", but before he could say anything Jackson had separated our hands and Liam followed him no second later, still or perhaps even angrier than before.
"Guys, stop it. This was a great evening, don't ruin it now."
"I'll go. I'm not interested in a fight, tonight.", Jason said and before anyone could stop him he had pressed a quick kiss to my lips and left. I stood there too perplex to react and let him, even though I didn't want him to.
"Let's go after him! What are you waiting for?!", Liam hissed, determined to beat someone up.
"Kenna?", Jackson asked slowly and bowed down to look me in the eyes "You alright?"
"Y-yeah. Sure."
"You don't look alright", he looked worried but still angry "Liam, let's go. Not tonight.", he started towards the door and nodded for us to follow.

"There you are! I haven't seen you in ages!", Katie laughed "Hey, hey. What's wrong?", she said when she saw my worried expression.
"That asshole is what's wrong.", Liam hissed and put his arm around me again. "No. No stop it.", I pushed his arm off and took a step away from him. "I- You. You made it all worse. Why did you react like that? Now it's all bad again!", I stuttered.
"What the hell. Kenna, what happened. Talk to me.", Katie grabbed my shoulders and turned me to look at her.
I grabbed her hand and dragged her upstairs with me.
"And I thought we finally got along.", Liam murmured and went to his own room.